Phil Clarke bizzare comments on GB Lions

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
nathan_rugby

Phil Clarke bizzare comments on GB Lions

Post by nathan_rugby »

What do you all make of this?

What has happened for many years?

Why is he asking the question about 13 backs. Seriously?

What rules of the game is he referring to that result in runs from the POTB?

PC: "The selection of Blake Austin on the wing fascinates me. It has happened for many years and I am not saying that it was wrong, but if that is the case then do any positions matter?

"Could you play a game with 13 backs on the pitch? It seems a though rugby league is now one size fits all and one play is all you need.

"I am saddened that the rules of the game mean that picking the ball up and running directly from behind the play-the-ball seems to be the most effective move in the sport.

"They sometimes stop kids from doing this and make them pass the ball, but at the highest level of the international game running from the play-the-ball is the most exciting thing we have to look forward to - or a kick on the last tackle.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Re: Phil Clarke bizzare comments on GB Lions

Post by josie andrews »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:54 am What do you all make of this?

PC: "The selection of Blake Austin on the wing fascinates me. It has happened for many years and I am not saying that it was wrong, but if that is the case then do any positions matter?

"Could you play a game with 13 backs on the pitch? It seems a though rugby league is now one size fits all and one play is all you need.

"I am saddened that the rules of the game mean that picking the ball up and running directly from behind the play-the-ball seems to be the most effective move in the sport.

"They sometimes stop kids from doing this and make them pass the ball, but at the highest level of the international game running from the play-the-ball is the most exciting thing we have to look forward to - or a kick on the last tackle.
Where is the link to these statements please?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Explain why it is bizzare
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

medlocke wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:19 pm Explain why it is bizzare
The questions I asked at the start of my post will direct you to the areas I think are bizzare. Feel free to answer and counter.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:51 pm

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... inter-tour
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Clarky is right,less skill now,more size and power just run straight and hope for the best
jobo

Post by jobo »

old hooker wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:52 pm Clarky is right,less skill now,more size and power just run straight and hope for the best
Think the skill is still there but tweaking the rules continually has led to what we witness today. As you say, size and power are the be all and end all nowadays.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Maybe he meant picking players out of position and its just badly proof read?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:16 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:51 pm

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... inter-tour
Thank you. You must remember to post the link to any reports etc from other sources that you post. Copyright rules 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Imagine, you could have Clubb on the wing!

Madness

😏
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame