GB coach

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
CheshireWarrior

Re: GB coach

Post by CheshireWarrior »

DaveO wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:29 am
CheshireWarrior wrote:
Wigan over GB/England!
Grand Final/WCC over Challemge Cup!
This is exactly why our sport will continue to decline.
I agree but I firmly believe we need to not necessarily prioritize our domestic game first but, that certainly it needs to improve just as much as our international game!
The Grand Final is superb and a job well done! SL as a whole concept has proven a major success in that the game has diversified and balanced out!
For me, I find it frightening that the WCC (which is in effect the champions league final of football) is sometimes debated whether it will take place and the rapid decline in attendance at Wembley needs to be addressed! If we cant reinforce and improve our own domestic game, how can we have faith in the international games being a success?
Personally, I think RL is far more skilful, fast and physical in comparison to RU! But as a sport or business it is clearly far more superior (Internationally). Is this because RU is nationwide and has more money associated to it and RL is predominately Northern and working class?
As for GB, there's not doubt the recent tour was a shame, in both performance and selections! Do the RFL seem concerned? I'm personally furious it has hampered Wigan regarding Gildart who is world class and for what......the tour didn't promote RL and it should have! Shaun Wane, Ian Watson, Steve McNamara, Daryl Powell, Danny Ward and Brain McDermott have all been rumoured as potential successors to Bennett whose position is under review......how many of the above coaches would have selected Blake Austin on the wing?
No straw damn us

Re: GB coach

Post by No straw damn us »

Looks as though it'll be Shaun Wane.
https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/shaun- ... h3m-8gqFSw