Leeming

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Firestarter

Leeming

Post by Firestarter »

Huddersfield are letting this guy go...... personally i think he would be a cracking addition to out team....... we have cap space as lammy has stated so get him signed
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Leeming

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:19 am Huddersfield are letting this guy go...... personally i think he would be a cracking addition to out team....... we have cap space as lammy has stated so get him signed
+1 id have him
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Leeds are after him aren’t they? Leeming asked for a release.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

He is a fine young player and would be a good signing
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

He is a decent player but we need to decide whether to buy or promote and our philosophy is to do the latter.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Leeds have signed him on a two year deal

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... -year-deal
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:07 pm He is a decent player but we need to decide whether to buy or promote and our philosophy is to do the latter.
You could have fooled me. Burgess, Bullock, Clubb, Flower, Isa, Clark, Greenwood, Hastings, Sammut, Bibby, French, Navarette, Escare, Hankinson, TL and Pearce-Paul are all buys and only Pearce-Paul is what you might term a junior player with the squad of 34.

I have no problem with it as I do not believe you can ever hope to produce a top team of home grown talent (though buying junior players like Pearce-Paul raises my eyebrows as we do supposedly have this production line) .

The fact were are happy to buy does make it frustrating if Leeming is a talent because hooker is definitely a position we need to look to improve.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

DaveO wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:09 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:07 pm He is a decent player but we need to decide whether to buy or promote and our philosophy is to do the latter.
You could have fooled me. Burgess, Bullock, Clubb, Flower, Isa, Clark, Greenwood, Hastings, Sammut, Bibby, French, Navarette, Escare, Hankinson, TL and Pearce-Paul are all buys and only Pearce-Paul is what you might term a junior player with the squad of 34.

I have no problem with it as I do not believe you can ever hope to produce a top team of home grown talent (though buying junior players like Pearce-Paul raises my eyebrows as we do supposedly have this production line) .

The fact were are happy to buy does make it frustrating if Leeming is a talent because hooker is definitely a position we need to look to improve.
Wigan’s policy, since the start of IFL’s reign, has clearly been to promote from within. That doesn’t mean, and will never mean, that we don’t recruit from outside the club, it would be foolhardy not to do so. We will still have the highest number of club trained players in our squad than any other team in SL in 2020.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards