Starting XII and Interchange

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Starting XII and Interchange

Post by Firestarter »

I think flower is gonna have a big season now hes had a rest snd , hopefully injury free..... we have more scope to spell our props now , which is never a bad thing
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
6742hitch

Post by 6742hitch »

I’d like to see a full game with Sammut and Hastings pairing up, keep Hardaker at FB, is French a starter or a ‘super sub’ to coin a phrase, like Leeds did with Burrow?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

First Try Tickle wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:01 pm I'm really hoping Greenwood has a big season and cements his place in the second row.

I know Isa is Mr Dependable, but I think it showed in the last 2 games he's not quite good enough.

I'm also hoping Bullock and Partington will start pushing Flower and Clubb out of the team, but really good to have some proper competition in the props.
I agree and would like to see this happen. Isa is not quite good enough when it comes to playing the better teams. OK to be used to give players a rest in squad rotation but should be nowhere near the starting 13 in the really big games.

Partington looks very promising but not sure if Bullock was breaking many pots before he got injured, so not sure he will be able force his way in past Flower and Clubb even though the latter in particular looks past it.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Have to say from a bright start Bullock faded badly till he got injured,let’s hope he can sort himself out and become more consistant this season.
bertina

Post by bertina »

DaveO wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:50 pm
First Try Tickle wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:01 pm I'm really hoping Greenwood has a big season and cements his place in the second row.

I know Isa is Mr Dependable, but I think it showed in the last 2 games he's not quite good enough.

I'm also hoping Bullock and Partington will start pushing Flower and Clubb out of the team, but really good to have some proper competition in the props.
I agree and would like to see this happen. Isa is not quite good enough when it comes to playing the better teams. OK to be used to give players a rest in squad rotation but should be nowhere near the starting 13 in the really big games.

Partington looks very promising but not sure if Bullock was breaking many pots before he got injured, so not sure he will be able force his way in past Flower and Clubb even though the latter in particular looks past it.
Unless I’m seriously missing something, Clubb shouldn’t be anywhere near the team. Trundles the ball in at a snail’s pace, and way too slow in defence.
The lad looks shot to me.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

bertina wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:22 pm

Unless I’m seriously missing something, Clubb shouldn’t be anywhere near the team. Trundles the ball in at a snail’s pace, and way too slow in defence.
I can assure you 100% Bertina you haven't missed anything :lol:

If we look at the calibre of prop forwards we have for 2020, its an utter disgrace Tony Clubb has retained his squad number! Some fans claim squad numbers count for nothing but personally I think that's utter cack! It clearly highlights who Lam considers key players and who he believes has performed strongest in 2019 (especially if we look at Zak, Marshy, Hank, G.Burgess, Isa, Flower, Smithies, Partington etc squad number changes), speaks volumes in my opinion!

"Go until you drop: Clubb" article about pre season training......seeing really is believing IMO with this lad! :lol:
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

6742hitch wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:16 pm I’d like to see a full game with Sammut and Hastings pairing up, keep Hardaker at FB, is French a starter or a ‘super sub’ to coin a phrase, like Leeds did with Burrow?
Couldn't agree more regarding Sammut and Hasting but cant see it unfortunately!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

He was given a two year contract extension and as someone else posted given his squad number he's considered one of the senior props. Bonkers.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Why are we only playing with 12?😀👎
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
jao711

Post by jao711 »

. But scored a 30yd try at Leeds,and chased back to stop a winger at Hull.