Ex-Wigan Warriors ace Sam Tomkins had bank cards stolen by police in Spain

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Ex-Wigan Warriors ace Sam Tomkins had bank cards stolen by police in Spain

Post by josie andrews »

Ex-Wigan Warriors star Sam Tomkins has revealed he has had his bank cards stolen by police while travelling in Spain.

Tomkins, who now plays for Super League side Catalans Dragons, took to Twitter to express his outrage at the incident which happened this morning.

He said it happened when he was crossing the border and was asked to pull over by the Spanish Police, who then asked him to get out of his car so they could search it.

After a 10 minute search, he was then told it was fine for him to leave.

But Tomkins said that when he got the next toll, he was shocked to realise that police had gone through his wallet and stole his English and French bank cards.

The 30-year-old tweeted: "Got pulled over by the Spanish police while crossing the border and asked to get out of my car while they searched it.

"Took them 10 minutes then said I was fine to leave.

"Then I get to the next toll and realise they’d gone through my wallet and stolen all my English and French bank cards."

Tomkins enjoyed two spells with his hometown club Wigan before moving to French side Catalans 12 months ago.

His other brother Joel, also an ex-Warrior, has joined him in Perpignan ahead of the 2020 campaign.

https://www.wigantoday.net/news/crime/e ... 1-10146423
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ian.birchall

Re: Ex-Wigan Warriors ace Sam Tomkins had bank cards stolen by police in Spain

Post by ian.birchall »

Moral is never leave your wallet in the car.
Simple enough to follow.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
The booze hound

Re: Ex-Wigan Warriors ace Sam Tomkins had bank cards stolen by police in Spain

Post by The booze hound »

ian.birchall wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:19 pm Moral is never leave your wallet in the car.
Simple enough to follow.
I get your point but that's not what I took from that story.