Rob Burrow

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
medlocke

Re: Rob Burrow

Post by medlocke »

Awful news for Rob and his family, My former next door neighbour suffered with this terrible disease for 6 years, Wouldn't wish it on us worst enemy
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote:Awful news for Rob and his family, My former next door neighbour suffered with this terrible disease for 6 years, Wouldn't wish it on us worst enemy
We have a family friend who suffers with it. Terrible disease as you say.

He was a great player for Leeds and I don’t think there is a single fan from any club who had a bad thing to say about him. For someone as good as he was that’s quite something.

CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Difficult to know what to write in these sad circumstances!

Best of luck to Rob Burrow and his family and I'm sure every Wigan fan will support this and acknowledge he was superb as a player and certainly a modern day role model!

Best of luck pal!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

When I saw the story this morning I quite literally did a double take..what a terrible illness for anyone to have, let alone a recently retired professional sportsman..great player nicer bloke you wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy.
Last edited by fozzieskem on Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:19 pm
medlocke wrote:Awful news for Rob and his family, My former next door neighbour suffered with this terrible disease for 6 years, Wouldn't wish it on us worst enemy

He was a great player for Leeds and I don’t think there is a single fan from any club who had a bad thing to say about him. For someone as good as he was that’s quite something.
My cousin in Australia has it, it’s just bloody heartbreaking.

What a terrible day I’ve had today with bad news 😢
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

He said in his interview that he can't pay people back,what an attitude.
He's paid his dues to RL now its rls turn ,we're all rivals in a small sport but at times like these we come together.
All the best to him and his family.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

My heart goes out to him and his family......hope he stays strong
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Hated him when he played against us but would have been more than happy if we had signed him for a few seasons
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote:

Hated him when he played against us but would have been more than happy if we had signed him for a few seasons
He was always likely do be one who spoiled our day but I never disliked him as a player probably because he wasn’t arrogant unlike his half back partner in crime McGuire.

There are some players who regardless of who they play for they earn your respect not just by how they play but by how they carry themselves and Burrow was one of those for me. Younger players could learn a lot from his attitude.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

DaveO wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:41 am
medlocke wrote:

He was always likely do be one who spoiled our day but I never disliked him as a player probably because he wasn’t arrogant unlike his half back partner in crime McGuire.

There are some players who regardless of who they play for they earn your respect not just by how they play but by how they carry themselves and Burrow was one of those for me. Younger players could learn a lot from his attitude.
Should have said hated it when he played