WATCH: Hastings arrives

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

WATCH: Hastings arrives

Post by josie andrews »

Hear from Wigan’s Jackson Hastings as he visits the Robin Park Arena elite training facility for the first time.

“I’m going to put my heart and soul on the line every week” Hastings

Watch the full interview on Wigan TV today

2019 Steve Prescott Man of Steel Jackson Hastings says be will “wear the badge with pride” when he takes to the field for the Warriors this upcoming 2020 season.

Speaking to Wigan TV on his first day back in Wigan after his off-season break, the Australian discussed what it’s like to sign for the Cherry & Whites.

“I don’t feel pressure, I feel a bit of pride actually, to know that I’m playing for one of the greatest teams in either hemisphere.”

With the Betfred Super League season less than one month away, (With Wigan facing Warrington in R1 on 30th January at the DW Stadium) Hastings outlined what fans can expect to see when he takes to the field for the Warriors.

“Am I going to be a 10 out of 10 every game? No, but what I can promise is that I’m going to put my heart and soul on the line every week, that’s how I’ve been raised by my parents to play.”

Watch Jackson discussing playing for Wigan below.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2020 ... gs-arrives
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Re: WATCH: Hastings arrives

Post by Wiganer Ted »

So he's here, trained with the team and interviewed with Wigan tv.
Looking forward to him getting out there and doing for us what we know he can do so well.
Can't wait for the new season now!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:26 pm So he's here, trained with the team and interviewed with Wigan tv.
Looking forward to him getting out there and doing for us what we know he can do so well.
Can't wait for the new season now!
Me too Ted, It's going to be a great year of RL
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

If Wigan are clever they will use Hastings media savvy it’s an area the club do lack in when compared to say Warrington,he can address that surely.

But yes looking forward to first sitting freezing then hopefully a nice summer of RL
bertina

Post by bertina »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:09 pm If Wigan are clever they will use Hastings media savvy it’s an area the club do lack in when compared to say Warrington,he can address that surely.

But yes looking forward to first sitting freezing then hopefully a nice summer of RL
I agree Fozzie. Hastings comes across very well in front of the cameras.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Five facts: Jackson Hastings

Five facts that you may not know about Wigan Warriors’ new stand-off Jackson Hastings.

Star signing arrived at Robin Park Arena on Thursday to begin pre-season after an extended break due to Great Britain duty.

Hastings: “I put on fun stuff – I listen to Katy Perry! I feel like when I’m happy and when I’ve got a smile on my face, I play the best footy, so that’s what I listen to before a game.”

After arriving at the Club on Thursday we get to know Jackson Hastings a little bit more with five facts that may not be known about the Wigan Warriors half-back.

1. Chained to the Rhythm – Jackson’s music taste

When asked about the type of music he listens to, Jackson was open-minded on his preferred choice…

“I listen to most things – like country music, R&B, hip hop – I don’t really have a favourite artist, but anything that gets the head bobbing I listen to. I’m the sort of person who listens to all genres.

“I’m not one of those guys that listen to real heavy stuff that’s inspiring or anything – I listen to sing-alongs that puts me in a good frame of mind. I like relaxing and having a laugh with the boys before a game.

“I put on fun stuff – I listen to Katy Perry! I feel like when I’m happy and when I’ve got a smile on my face, I play the best footy, so that’s what I listen to before a game.”

2. An appreciation of English heritage

After representing Great Britain in November and October, the stand-off went into detail about where his English background comes from…

“My nan was born in Plymouth and it’s something I’ve spoken about for a long time: representing England – obviously I was in Australia and a lot of people will laugh and say I’m only playing for England and Great Britain because I can’t play for Australia and that’s everyone’s opinion, but this country has pretty much given me everything I need to be successful.

“The players, fans and coaching staff have given me a great appreciation for this place, and I’ve been lucky enough to represent Great Britain. I’ve got an even bigger appreciation of what it means to be an English player, although I was not born in this country. I sing the national anthem and I am extremely proud of my heritage and to have represented Great Britain, and hopefully I can do that for England one day too.”

3. A love for two fluffy caboodles

When asked to name his favourite pet, there was no hesitation…

“My favourite pet is both my dogs! I don’t have a favourite out of the two: Bruce and Benji. They’re two little caboodles. They’re little fluffy things and I suppose people would laugh at me if they saw them with me. I’ve seen a few of the boys on Instagram with their big dogs that sit outside all day! My two sleep in bed with me!”

4. A passion for basketball and American sport

Jackson revealed his admiration and appreciation when asked about his love for basketball…

“I like how much thought goes into a game of basketball. America athletes are probably the greatest athletes in the world. If you look at the build on LeBron James – he’s 6ft 9, 100 and something kilos and runs like the wind.

“If you look in the NFL, quarter-back players are like 6ft 6 and can throw 70 yards, and wide receivers are quick enough to run the 100 metres at the Olympics. I’ve got a great appreciation for not only their talent but what it takes to win a game – it’s more than just running and tackling. You’ve got to be able to call time-outs, score points from different parts of the court. I don’t have a favourite team or anything I just like watching the best athletes play. American sport draws me in and I like sitting back and watching it.”

5. Jackson and Lammy go way back

Jackson provided an insight to his relationship with Adrian Lam and his respect towards his new boss…

“I’ve played with his son, Lachlan, at the 20’s team at the Sydney Roosters and I’ve known Adrian for a long time as we’ve got the same agent. I’ve always known of him and we’ve met up a few times in the past. I got to know him pretty well when I played with his son. I’d always see him down Coogee in Australia drinking coffee with no shirt on and walking round the streets saying he was ‘Adrian Lam who played for the Roosters’!

“He’s a good feller and he’s always looked after me. He’s always done the right thing by me and tried to help me out wherever he can. If I didn’t play well in a game at a weekend, he would tell me where to improve and if I played well, he would tell me where I could improve again.

“To link up with him at this level and at this club, where he played so well, is an honour. He played in the same position too so that always helps when you want to ask for advice from someone who has played at the highest level. We’ve got a good relationship and I got to catch up with him a couple of weeks ago and he’s really excited for the year. The goal is to win every trophy.”

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2020 ... n-hastings
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan