Benny

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Shaun Wane Legend

Re: Benny

Post by Shaun Wane Legend »

Come on Ben show Lam (or whoever’s to blame) that they’ve made a big mistake. Go Benny!!
bertina

Post by bertina »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:22 am
Mike wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:25 pm How many minutes will George do in a game? I'm not up to date on the NRL. What's his playing time like? So we need to rotate two front line props to accommodate him?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
More than Clubb.
Absolutely correct !! And he will be a damn sight more effective for those minutes as well.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

If he's still here?
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Off to France isn't he :shock:
Hattster

Post by Hattster »

All being well yes.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

The powers that be are not ruthless enough. Props, who are south of 30, are inclined to pick up more regular injuries and therefore should be moved on. Personally, I wouldn't consider giving a forward over 30 more than a one year rolling deal and to get that he would need to be an exceptional player.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:32 am The powers that be are not ruthless enough. Props, who are south of 30, are inclined to pick up more regular injuries and therefore should be moved on. Personally, I wouldn't consider giving a forward over 30 more than a one year rolling deal and to get that he would need to be an exceptional player.
IMO Props only come into their own around 32-35. But perhaps the game now requires a more athletic forward in that position?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Mike wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:40 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:32 am The powers that be are not ruthless enough. Props, who are south of 30, are inclined to pick up more regular injuries and therefore should be moved on. Personally, I wouldn't consider giving a forward over 30 more than a one year rolling deal and to get that he would need to be an exceptional player.
IMO Props only come into their own around 32-35. But perhaps the game now requires a more athletic forward in that position?
I have a slightly different view, I think props mature at around 28 years of age. The problem is,that due to the game being far more physical their bodies are subject to far more punishment which results in a greater amount of injuries later in their career, some of which are chronic injuries. Many of our young props are unlikely to be playing when they are I their mid-thirties (certainly at the top of their game) as they will have played 15 years at this level and their bodies will be incapable of dealing with the damage they have suffered during that period. I suppose the good news is that there has been medical improvements so recovery times, fitness regimes and treatment will have advanced. My view is that neither Flower or Clubb are as good as when they were in their late twenties and they are very unlikely to get back to that level.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Are there any articles/links to Benny leaving before the start of the season or is it Chinese whispers down the boozer?
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Hear say tbh
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame