Alternative shirt launched

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Alternative shirt launched

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors release new alternative shirt in partnership with North West Air Ambulance.

Shirt to be worn at the Dacia Magic Weekend vs Warrington Wolves on Sunday 24th May.

The shirt will be available after February 5th in-store at Warriors World and online.

Wigan Warriors are delighted to announce the release of their 2020 alternative shirt to show the Club’s support of North West Air Ambulance.

The charitable organisation provides helicopter emergency medical service that covers the North West England region, consisting of the counties of Cheshire, Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester and Merseyside - in fact they have been called to many a Rugby League pitch to assist amateur players injured amongst the wide range of emergencies they get.

As the excitement for the upcoming 2020 Betfred Super League season continues to gather pace, the Warriors, in partnership with Principal Club Partner Prestone, have released the specially-designed hummel limited-edition shirt to raise awareness of the superb work of the charity. The Club will also be donating £5 from the sale of every shirt to North West Air Ambulance, with the yellow and purple shirts also incorporating a helicopter blade design as well as including the charity logo of the North West Air Ambulance charity.

The team will then wear the shirts at this year’s Dacia Magic Weekend fixture against Warrington Wolves at Newcastle’s St James’ Park Stadium on Sunday May 24th and other selected away fixtures.

The shirt will be available after February 5th in-store at Warriors World, situated in Wigan’s Grand Arcade shopping centre, and online at https://store.wiganwarriors.com/.

Speaking of Wigan’s collaboration with the North West Air Ambulance (NWAA), Wigan Warriors executive director Kris Radlinski said: “We’re delighted to team-up with the NWAA to produce this limited edition shirt.

“When we spoke to them during this process we were shocked to hear that they (NWAA) need raise over £9 million pounds a year to keep this vital service in action, so hopefully this shirt will not only bring is some welcome money to the organisation but also raise awareness that NWAA is indeed a charity that depends on the generosity of others.

“We’d also like to thank the team at hummel and Prestone for their input into the design process, as we feel that this shirt will go down positively, much like the release of our home and away kits already have in 2020.”

Jackson Hastings, Wigan Warriors half-back: “What these guys do in the community is great - they save lives, help people out and work really hard. It’s a natural fit for Wigan, as we work hard on the footy field and try to help others in the community.

“It’s an honour to wear a kit that is dedicated to them. They are the real heroes and it’s great to link up with them for a special partnership.

“I really like it - it’s completely different to what we are used to and I’m really looking forward to playing in it.”

Jon Ward, Head of High Value Giving, North West Air Ambulance Charity: “We are delighted to partner with Wigan Warriors for the coming season, which coincides with our 21st birthday – we can’t think of a better way to celebrate! The Warriors and their partners have been fantastic to work with when creating the shirt, and it’s great to bring together two iconic North West teams – the Warriors and our air ambulance crews – who both work so hard to support local people.

“As a charity, we receive no government funding and rely entirely on public donations to keep us in the air and saving lives. Five pounds from the sale of each limited edition North West Air Ambulance Charity shirt will go directly to supporting the fantastic work of our crew and charity, so we encourage any fans to invest in the new kit! Of course, our thanks go to Wigan Warriors and their supporters for their wonderful generosity – they are truly helping to save lives across the region.”

Head of Marketing for Holt Lloyd International, Claire Fenton added: “The team at Prestone are delighted to be able to support Wigan Warriors and North West Air Ambulance in this fantastic initiative.

“We look forward to working with both parties as they raise money for a worthy cause, whilst cheering on the team in what promises to be an exciting 2020 season.”

For more information on the North West Air Ambulance Charity or to donate, please visit www.nwaa.net or call 0800 587 4570. Follow them on Twitter: @NWAirAmbulance, Facebook: North West Air Ambulance Charity and Instagram: @nwairambulance.

Tickets are still available for the Dacia Magic Weekend in Newcastle. For more information, click HERE.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2020 ... t-launched
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Re: Alternative shirt launched

Post by ancientnloyal »

https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Me likey
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Well let’s hope the size,quality is better now,but those gripes aside great idea and cause well done to the club.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Good stuff.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Best shirt this season
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Nice
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I think the design is great in that it kind of reflects the helicopter blades if you get my drift and of course it is in the colours of the Air Ambulance as well.

One problem. It's Primrose and Blue and Wigan are going to be wearing it to play against Wire. :lol:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

DaveO wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:24 pm I think the design is great in that it kind of reflects the helicopter blades if you get my drift and of course it is in the colours of the Air Ambulance as well.

One problem. It's Primrose and Blue and Wigan are going to be wearing it to play against Wire. :lol:
Not if Wire turn out in an alternate cherry and white kit :D
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Does anybody know if the club will be selling player signed shirts this season? I bought the 2016 alternative jersey signed and the 2017 purple check one but I haven't purchased a signed one since. Do the club still sell these?