23-man squad vs Leigh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

23-man squad vs Leigh

Post by josie andrews »

Adrian Lam has named the Wigan Warriors 23-man squad to face Leigh Centurions.

Dom Manfredi set to return to face home-town club in Wigan’s final pre-season fixture
Leigh Centurions vs Wigan Warriors, Thursday 23rd January, Leigh Sports Village, 7:30pm K.O.

Adrian Lam has named a 23-man Wigan Warriors squad to face Leigh Centurions in the final pre-season fixture of 2020.

The Warriors will take on their neighbours at Leigh Sports Village on Thursday night (K.O. 7:30pm), giving Adrian Lam and his coaching staff one last look at his squad before the new season kicks off.

The 23-man squad includes a mix of youth and experience and features winger Dom Manfredi, who hasn’t featured for the Cherry and Whites since April 2019 due to a knee injury.

The fixture will also see the likes of Chris Hankinson, Joe Bullock and Mitch Clark return to face their former side.

23-man squad to face Leigh Centurions
James Barran, Amir Bourouh, Joe Bullock, Joe Burgess, Mitch Clark, Joe Greenwood, Sam Halsall, Chris Hankinson, Umyla Hanley, Ethan Havard, Ben Holcroft, Ben Kilner, Dom Manfredi, James McDonnell, Kai Pearce-Paul, Max Roberts, Aiden Roden, Harry Rushton, Jake Shorrocks, Joe Shorrocks, Harry Smith, Cian Tyrer, Jack Wells.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/202 ... d-vs-leigh
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: 23-man squad vs Leigh

Post by Firestarter »

Looks like burgess and clarke have to prove themselves
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

So one game is enough for Lam to know who is his favourites for the start of the season already

Not overcome with joy at his selection or at the lack of big names from the squad
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

The team barring injury for first game looking at the Leigh squad....
1.French
2.Marshal (may go left if Dom plays at Leigh and out performs Budge)
3. Zak
4.Bibby
5. Burgess ( Marshal if Dom plays)
6. Hastings
7.Tommy
8. Burgess
9. Powel
10. Partington
11. Isa
12.Faz
13.Lockers
14. Smithies
15. Club
16. Flower
17 Byrne
For me Bullock would be in and maybe if one of the props is not 100%
Budge is behind Marshal if Doms fit as it stands for left wing. Byrne was very good against Leeds. Greenwood needs to push on to get back in. Clarke I have not seen enough of. The kids who played most iof second half didn't have much ball and we looked disjointed no standout surprises. I'm interested to see if an injury free Wells could challenge for right second row given a few weeks was looking the real deal up to ihis njuries.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Is one game enough? Or is it just me?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

lucky 13 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:24 pm The team barring injury for first game looking at the Leigh squad....
1.French
3. Zak
4.Bibby
6. Hastings
7.Tommy
8. Burgess
9. Powel
10. Partington
11. Isa
12.Faz
13.Lockers
14. Smithies
15. Club
16. Flower
17 Byrne
Budge is behind Marshal if Doms fit as it stands for left wing. Byrne was very good against Leeds. Greenwood needs to push on to get back in. Clarke I have not seen enough of. The kids who played most iof second half didn't have much ball and we looked disjointed no standout surprises. I'm interested to see if an injury free Wells could challenge for right second row given a few weeks was looking the real deal up to ihis njuries.
George Burgess, Zak, Tommy & Lockers are definitely not playing in the Leigh game 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

That looks about right to me for Warrington.
bertina

Post by bertina »

moto748 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:16 am That looks about right to me for Warrington.
I agree, except i'd have bullock in instead of Clubb.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:31 pm
lucky 13 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:24 pm The team barring injury for first game looking at the Leigh squad....
1.French
3. Zak
4.Bibby
6. Hastings
7.Tommy
8. Burgess
9. Powel
10. Partington
11. Isa
12.Faz
13.Lockers
14. Smithies
15. Club
16. Flower
17 Byrne
George Burgess, Zak, Tommy & Lockers are definitely not playing in the Leigh game 😊
Yes Josie none of them are in the squad.... just in case it's not clear that team I named is for first Game v Warrington.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

No Flower or Naverette are they injured or is the rumours true?