23-man squad vs Leigh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: 23-man squad vs Leigh

Post by josie andrews »

lucky 13 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:29 pm Yes Josie none of them are in the squad.... just in case it's not clear that team I named is for first Game v Warrington.
Apologies, just re read your post 😳
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

lucky 13 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:24 pm The team barring injury for first game looking at the Leigh squad....
1.French or Zak
2.Marshal (may go left if Dom plays at Leigh and out performs Budge)
3. Hankinson
4.Bibby / Hankinson
5. Burgess ( Marshal if Dom plays)
6. Hastings
7.Tommy
8. Burgess
9. Powel
10. Partington
11. Isa
12.Faz
13.Lockers
14. Smithies
15. Club
16. Flower
17 Byrne
For me Bullock would be in and maybe if one of the props is not 100%
Budge is behind Marshal if Doms fit as it stands for left wing. Byrne was very good against Leeds. Greenwood needs to push on to get back in. Clarke I have not seen enough of. The kids who played most iof second half didn't have much ball and we looked disjointed no standout surprises. I'm interested to see if an injury free Wells could challenge for right second row given a few weeks was looking the real deal up to ihis njuries.
One other player seems to be outside of Lams eye is Hankinson, He should at least be in the 17 Maybe the influence of Hastings getting Bibby a start over him
Will be interesting once gilly is fit
bertina

Post by bertina »

jackthelad wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:42 pm
lucky 13 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:24 pm The team barring injury for first game looking at the Leigh squad....
1.French or Zak
2.Marshal (may go left if Dom plays at Leigh and out performs Budge)
3. Hankinson
4.Bibby / Hankinson
5. Burgess ( Marshal if Dom plays)
6. Hastings
7.Tommy
8. Burgess
9. Powel
10. Partington
11. Isa
12.Faz
13.Lockers
14. Smithies
15. Club
16. Flower
17 Byrne
For me Bullock would be in and maybe if one of the props is not 100%
Budge is behind Marshal if Doms fit as it stands for left wing. Byrne was very good against Leeds. Greenwood needs to push on to get back in. Clarke I have not seen enough of. The kids who played most iof second half didn't have much ball and we looked disjointed no standout surprises. I'm interested to see if an injury free Wells could challenge for right second row given a few weeks was looking the real deal up to ihis njuries.
One other player seems to be outside of Lams eye is Hankinson, He should at least be in the 17 Maybe the influence of Hastings getting Bibby a start over him
Bibby is a much better centre than Hankinson.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Hope Dom plays and comes through heathy he's due some good look after the injuries
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

pearsy wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:21 pm Hope Dom plays and comes through heathy he's due some good look after the injuries
I agree. The good thing about Dom is that he doesn't dwell on his injuries. I can't see him being chosen, for the Warrington game, ahead of Marshy or Budgie simply because he will be short of match practice. One thing is for sure though, he is going to apply the heat :D
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I thought josie said he was going to leigh on loan?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

If he does come through unscathed send Burgess out on loan to see if he suddenly gets his mojo back
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:04 pm I thought josie said he was going to leigh on loan?
I don’t remember 😳but I had head that.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

[/quote]

Bibby is a much better centre than Hankinson.
[/quote]
Cant say I agree with you, Bibby has more experience, Yes, thats all, unfortunately Lam did not give Hank the opportunity last year when is was warranted he got messed about in different positions to cover for injuries etc..

When he got on a roll he was quality

Once he gets another season under his belt he will improve even more. Just my opinion 👍
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

A loss of 12-6 by a mainly reserve Wigan squad against a very experienced Leigh team.
For those young lads to concede only two tries was an excellent defensive effort.
A lot of talent in our reserves based on that showing which can be good in competition for places in the first team squad.