Low key opener?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

Low key opener?

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I haven't seen too much about our game on Thursday bar a few bits on social media. Using the online ticket purchaser to look how many tickets are sold, it doesnt seem likely that we will have a good crowd either. Surely an opening game of the season should be a huge affair, especially considering the history of the two teams, a few blockbuster players making their competitive debuts etc. Just doesnt seem to be much interest. Anybody else feel the same? I'm really looking forward to going to my first game of the season and seeing both Jackson Hastings and George Burgess in cherry and white
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Low key opener?

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Ive said it elsewhere, people need to put their money where their mouth is and get behind our team.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:23 pm Ive said it elsewhere, people need to put their money where their mouth is and get behind our team.
What if they haven't got the money, I struggle to do anything after paying my tattooist after a session
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I’m expecting 17000 which is crap
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

5 years ago, Wigan v Wire on opening night would have been a 20k+ game. Looking at the swathes of tickets still available I think this will do well to break 15k. Its not just us though the game is on it's preverbial backside across the whole league. You can probably account for some who won't bother due to the fact (despite the fans stating that we hate them) Its on a bloody Thursday night. I'm interested to know, is anyone or has anyone ever spoken to someone in the crowd who thinks Thursday's are a good thing? I've certainly not.

Since RLWC 2013 the game just seems to have stood still. There was an opportunity to really give the game a push and it seems that all we have to show for it is David Argyle's Canadian plaything.

With the world cup over here again next year we have another opportunity which really needs to be taken otherwise the game could see itself in serious trouble.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

The fans that say they stopped because of lack of signings will still not turn up.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Think I’d be happy if 15k turned up the way it’s been these last few seasons - Thursday nights don’t work for me though - still going but up really early the next day...
Wes

Post by Wes »

Was going to make this my daughters 1st game but it’s on a Thursday and she’s 4 so not going to happen, there must be others in the same boat that thinks it’s too late on a school night.

Why we can’t go back to Fridays and Saturdays is beyond me, sky money or gate money, both doesn’t seem to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Thursday nights are out for my grandsons. Friday and Sunday are their match days.
Not a lot the club can do about it though.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Thursday nights are out for many people so crowds will be down thats for sure.Season tickets will be down probably for the same reason but we are stuck with Thursdays due to Sky so I cant see much if any improvement.