SL & RFL face decision on Israel Folau as Catalans chase controversial star

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ancientnloyal

Re: SL & RFL face decision on Israel Folau as Catalans chase controversial star

Post by ancientnloyal »

Religion ruins all.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

IF is entitled to his opinion and equally entitled to post it on social media.

Equally we are entitled to read his opinion and make our own judgements on his character.

My own personal view is that:

1. He is criticising gay people (who are real, living people, with feelings).

2. He is citing his belief (unproven, based on a story around 1600 years ago with no more proof than me saying I believe in the pixies at the bottom of the garden), as a reason for doing so.

Doesn't show himself as a "nice" or "clever" person does it?
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Religious beliefs or opinion everyone has a right to what they think.
But preaching it is a different story, especially in today’s society
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

Yeh, all of those nasty Uighur Muslims forcing those nice atheistic Chinese to lock them away in concentration camps, all of those Jews who forced that nice atheist Mr Hitler to exterminate them, all of the victims of that nice atheist Mr Stalin who had to murder even more than Hitler to enforce his atheist policies and do not forget the group most likely to be singled out by bigots and other sundry scum and murdered in our century, the Christians. Of course all of those nice left wing bootlickers will tell you that it is all their own fault so it must be true.
jobo

Post by jobo »

ancientnloyal wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:52 pm Religion ruins all.
Amen to that brother.
⛪🕌🕍🏯
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

thegimble wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:36 pm
Mike wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:55 pm
medlocke wrote:When did the world become so PC ffs, Political Correctness is destroying everything, He has strong religious views yet when he says them in public he is suddenly more evil than Hitler and Chairman Mao combined, I don't agree with what he said but he had a right to say it but then he should have realised that only certain groups of people are allowed to be outspoken and it's usually the ones who get triggered by what others say, Any fan with a problem should have a think back to when Warrington signed a bloke who liked letting his dog lick his twig and giggleberries, Where was the worldwide condemnation then, If he wants to sign then let him sign and let his rugby do the talking
It didn't. He said what he said knowing he'd be sacked. Other leople don't agree Witt what he said. That's not PC gone mad it's just what other people think.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I do not agree with what he said Mike but its the ban him culture that has gone mad that most people are defending him on. I do not know one person that agrees with his view. People do not discuss things any more than just jump on the bandwagon and want people cancelled.

PC culture has gone mad.
I take it you don't know any Muslims then? It would be interesting to ask SBW what he thinks. Whilst I am against the statements IF made I don't think the club's stance helps the matter.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:45 pm
Mike wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:55 pm It didn't. He said what he said knowing he'd be sacked. Other leople don't agree Witt what he said. That's not PC gone mad it's just what other people think.

I do not agree with what he said Mike but its the ban him culture that has gone mad that most people are defending him on. I do not know one person that agrees with his view. People do not discuss things any more than just jump on the bandwagon and want people cancelled.

PC culture has gone mad.
I take it you don't know any Muslims then? It would be interesting to ask SBW what he thinks. Whilst I am against the statements IF made I don't think the club's stance helps the matter.
Yep. It's highly likely that SBW, a practising Muslim has similar views on gay people.

You have to think back to the reason that religions were formed in the first place.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:45 pm
Mike wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:55 pm It didn't. He said what he said knowing he'd be sacked. Other leople don't agree Witt what he said. That's not PC gone mad it's just what other people think.

PC culture has gone mad.
On your question no not many lives around where i live. I am certain many do agree with him. Especially given most relegions including some christians believe the same. I live in Caernarfon.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Based on what he said, I hope Wigan are going to have a day for me ....... a drunk! I hope he has not upset all you adulterers 😀
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Would be interesting if Ian Roberts was still playing for us!! :lol: