At last the club and marketing dept get something right

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Johnone

Re: At last the club and marketing dept get something right

Post by Johnone »

Yes people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
The Yonner

Post by The Yonner »

The difference is the other players mentioned all apologized and asked for a second chance.

Folau has not apologized, and has repeated his appalling views several times.

You have to draw the line somewhere, and in my book this is it.
Domi5

Post by Domi5 »

It would help the marketing dept. if IL stayed on script and didn't say that we considered signing him too
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Johnone wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:18 pm Yes people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Why would you throw stones inside anyway?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

The Yonner wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:36 pm The difference is the other players mentioned all apologized and asked for a second chance.

Barba, assaulted his mrs again after leaving superleague

Hardaker Apologized and then went and broke the law by drink driving

i don't know if you have or not but actually go look at the tweets, they do not scream hate crime,
he quotes a bible verse saying repent, Jesus loves you and turn away from your sinful ways about all sinners, Homosexuality is just one part of the list

someone asks him what about gay people and he's posts Hell unless they repent of their sins.

i mean if you went and asked any Christian that question you'd expect a similar response.

Jesus loves all sinners, repent and turn to God, the unrepentant go to hell... that is the basics of the entire religion, we are all sinners and unless you repent you will go to hell.

i don't agree with the views but the uproar is a joke.

his bush fire sermon is a different kettle of fish though, saying that people have died because of same sex marriage and it being gods punishment goes against everything new testament (until end times) and is old testament, wrath of God rubbish. those comments where made after the initial tweet uproar though.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

My previous post was a response to the headline before I'd read about Folau.

To some extent I agree with Old Hooker here. I know I'll be shot down in flames but here goes:

First I think Folau was wrong to say what he did about gays going to hell. Apparently he's a preacher and has strong religious views, so secondly, I also believe in tolerance, and that he has a right to believe what he does.

These 2 views are not contradictory. The true meaning of tolerance is to allow someone to believe or do things that we think are wrong. Folau should learn tolerance, but so should those who would deprive him of the right to play rugby because of his views.

Of course, there are some things we shouldn't tolerate. If he advised "gay bashing" or similar, then I would support a total ban.

I actually think that he probably lives in a "bubble" of church and community where his views are understood differently, and he doesn't fully realise the offence they cause. If so he needs educating.

Fwiw, the Bible teaches that homosexuality is a sin. But before you fire back, consider the full story, as Folau should. The context in the book of Romans is that we all sin in different ways and need God's forgiveness, so no-one should judge anyone else.

As Jesus said "Let him that is without sin among you cast the first stone."

Here endeth the lesson.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Religion ... 👎🏻

Anyway. I hope this doesn’t affect the close relationship we have with the Catalan Dragons organisation. It’s an important friendship our clubs have got.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

The Yonner wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:36 pm The difference is the other players mentioned all apologized and asked for a second chance.

So you can say or do what you like but as long as you apologise its ok?,sorry I cant agree.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Personally think religion is outdated but hey ho each to their own, I think what he said is wrong BUT I believe in free speech meh what a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro