Wigan vs wire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Wigan vs wire

Post by josie andrews »

Southport steve wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:44 pm Just watched match again. Does anybody else think BMM was short for the Warrington try ?
Yes I’m just watching it now,, & I thought that.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Southport steve wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:44 pm Just watched match again. Does anybody else think BMM was short for the Warrington try ?
Yes I’m just watching it now,, & I thought that.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Southern Softy wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:05 pm
Mickw wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:49 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:07 am I did wonder what had gone on report,not good if it turns out to be true but whatever smithess needs to watch himself now
He doesn't need to watch himself if he didn't do it,Austin spent all night crying to the ref so until there's proof I'd take it as the boy who cried wolf.
Very true. Gold Award for whingeing. That being said, Smithies' other arm did come around into Austin's face. I thought if there was a contact it was the mouth or nose but not the eyes and it didn't seem at all definite.
He’s a whinging soft ar*e. He just doesn’t like to be tackled. Was the same earlier with a tackle from Ollie Partington! Game stopped while the trainer comes on & plays about with his head & neck. He should be playing soccer not Rugby League!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Something annoying about all the match reports, they all say how well wire did to keep it to one try in the second half but none mention we actually had 3 disallowed tries Burgess held up, French taken off the ball, Hardaker after the lineman had called play on.

That tells a much different story that whats written especially when Wire didnt manage to get over.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Southport steve

Post by Southport steve »

Watching the post match discussion you would think Warrington had won the game. No one mentioned that it is sometimes harder to play against 12 men than a full team.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:30 pm
Southern Softy wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:05 pm
Mickw wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:49 pm
He doesn't need to watch himself if he didn't do it,Austin spent all night crying to the ref so until there's proof I'd take it as the boy who cried wolf.
Very true. Gold Award for whingeing. That being said, Smithies' other arm did come around into Austin's face. I thought if there was a contact it was the mouth or nose but not the eyes and it didn't seem at all definite.
He’s a whinging soft ar*e. He just doesn’t like to be tackled. Was the same earlier with a tackle from Ollie Partington! Game stopped while the trainer comes on & plays about with his head & neck. He should be playing soccer not Rugby League!
He's a very good player though, I wish he was in our team.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:48 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:52 am
CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:11 am

He is a complete enigma Joe Burgess! For me he is the complete package for a winger (pace, strength, height, weight and ability to score)......but I believe we very rarely see it these days!

Fairenough he had injuries in 2019, but he doesn't help his case when he makes statements intending to improve in 2020 and appears to look similar to last season.

I know it's only one game in but I wonder if he is genuinely passionate anymore? If you look at Marshy in comparison, he is slightly slower, lighter and small in frame but his enthusiasm is SECOND TO NONE!
Was he better or worse than Charnley?
I was too alarmed by Burgess to put him in comparison lol. That said, if your asking do I think Charnley is better that Budgie (2019 as its hard to judge on one game) the answer is yes.

Like I said before he went to the NRL the guy scored for fun and destroyed Cronulla upon his return, but he is a shadow of his former self! If its not injuries, its fitness, if not fitness what else is it? Seems like the guy is stealing a wage. To be fair, it looked like he had more pace than last season and he is good under the high ball but his ability to actually score try's and defend comfortably is questionable. Be interesting to see when Dom returns.
Why did you think that Budgie was so poor?
shaunedwardsfanclub

CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:54 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:16 am
bertina wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:11 am
What about Clubb. ??
Clubb looks like hes trimmed up a bit in the off season to me. He was warming up right in front of me during the game and he looked leaner than I've ever seen him
I thought Tony Clubb was really poor in 2019 in many areas and certainly not alone in the forwards! I actually thought the guy tried really well last night and wasn't poor. I do think he was struggling with fitness though and I think to be fair to him, being the wrong side of 30 and the injuries/surgery he has had over the years it really shows in his games at times.
The problem is that Clubb and Burgess should be leading from the front and on the evidence of last night we are relying on our juniors to carry this pack. I don't think Clubb played badly last night but he needs to play a lot more minutes and up his game. The Club disagree with you regarding his fitness, age etc., they gave him a two year extension to his contract, so neither of those issues can be used as an excuse if you follow their logic. Personally, I think we should have released him.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Barney841 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:12 am We’re are missing a top standoff and hooker.
Get them and we’ve got a hell of a team
We should have signed Walker, instead Wire stepped in. His distribution and passing from the floor is excellent, he has the pace to exploit gaps, he is tough and makes plenty of tackles.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I thought Wire players moved off the mark he’ll of a lot last night!