Shaun Edwards

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ian.birchall

Shaun Edwards

Post by ian.birchall »

1- 0 England rah rahs
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ancientnloyal

Re: Shaun Edwards

Post by ancientnloyal »

Ecstatic England lost but who is Shaun Edwards?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

ancientnloyal wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:16 pm Ecstatic England lost but who is Shaun Edwards?
Water under the bridge I know ancient loyal but see what the DT says today.

'France faithful and forlorn fell head over heels in love with a son of Wigan, Shaun Edwards, the coach that England forgot.
Edwards may only have a few words of French at his grasp, but the team are already speaking his language, that of heart and soul to go with the muscle and bone.
There is no need of an interpreter to translate desire and defiance.
How wise of the French Federation to share his signature through to the World Cup in 2023.
The long suffering French supporters can all dream again, all believe again'

Don't pretend we did not foul up big and proper with not giving him a cast iron contract.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:

Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

He could be the best coach in the world but he's burned his bridges with Wigan imo.

Could or even should Wigan have handled the farce better - of course they should. I cannot believe that a businessman like IL acted in such a shambolic way.

However, Shaun Edwards continues to try and portray himself as the victim in this. Based on the evidence I have seen this was not the case.

Frankly I've lost all respect for the guy.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:45 am
ancientnloyal wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:16 pm Ecstatic England lost but who is Shaun Edwards?
Water under the bridge I know ancient loyal but see what the DT says today.

'France faithful and forlorn fell head over heels in love with a son of Wigan, Shaun Edwards, the coach that England forgot.
Edwards may only have a few words of French at his grasp, but the team are already speaking his language, that of heart and soul to go with the muscle and bone.
There is no need of an interpreter to translate desire and defiance.
How wise of the French Federation to share his signature through to the World Cup in 2023.
The long suffering French supporters can all dream again, all believe again'

Don't pretend we did not foul up big and proper with not giving him a cast iron contract.
There's nothing there that suggests he'd be a top coach in RL after so many years away from the game. All the plaudits above impact his history and knowledge as a union coach only.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

:lol: :lol:

And who are England rah rahs?
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
bertina

Post by bertina »

Never thought I'd say this in a million years, but this saga, and the way Edwards has handled it in the media, has soured my opinion of the guy. shame.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Wintergreen wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:37 pm He could be the best coach in the world but he's burned his bridges with Wigan imo.

Could or even should Wigan have handled the farce better - of course they should. I cannot believe that a businessman like IL acted in such a shambolic way.

However, Shaun Edwards continues to try and portray himself as the victim in this. Based on the evidence I have seen this was not the case.

Frankly I've lost all respect for the guy.
And I think Wigan have burned their bridges with him
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:11 am

Morley the best bit for me was watching/listening to Saint Jeremy Guscott choking on his words as he had to praise the change Edwards had made so quickly on teaching the French forwards to tackle.

pedro

Post by pedro »

ian.birchall wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:47 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:11 am

Morley the best bit for me was watching/listening to Saint Jeremy Guscott choking on his words as he had to praise the change Edwards had made so quickly on teaching the French forwards to tackle.
and ireland under Faz, Scotland didnt manage a try