Tigers injury woes!!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Tigers injury woes!!

Post by josie andrews »

Castleford went into their opener without a host of players and they lost more bodies in the win over Toronto Wolfpack.

With the likes of Mike McMeeken and new signing Sosaia Feki already sidelined, George Griffin, Tyla Hepi and Adam Milner all sustained injuries at Headingley while Peter Mata’utia picked up a suspension.

Despite the selection issues Daryl Powell still expects to put a strong side out against Wigan on Friday night.

“George Griffin failed his head test, so he is out. Tyla Hepi got a knock and Adam Milner did as well, so those two are unlikely to play,” Powell was quoted as saying by the Yorkshire Evening Post.

“Alongside Peter Mata’utia getting suspended then it leaves us pretty light. We have got a really strong one to 13 but we will have some young boys on the bench.

“We are excited by being at home and we know the fans will really get behind us. I am looking forward to our first home game.”

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ve-3812161
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Tigers injury woes!!

Post by josie andrews »

Powell moaning already!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Post by jobo »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:05 am Powell moaning already!!
Powell moaning isn't news. Now Powell smiling, that would be news.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Get the excuse in early.
We all know how much he hates Wigan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

They beat us last season and had quite a few out if i remember right
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

And if I remember correctly, we also had a few missing, but more importantly, we had three players carried off injured, 2 in the first half and another 2nd half, which altered the whole complexion, after, I think, we were leading 18-4 at HT.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Nezza Faz wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:42 pm And if I remember correctly, we also had a few missing, but more importantly, we had three players carried off injured, 2 in the first half and another 2nd half, which altered the whole complexion, after, I think, we were leading 18-4 at HT.
Dont we still have our own raft of injuries 😂
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Nezza Faz wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:42 pm And if I remember correctly, we also had a few missing, but more importantly, we had three players carried off injured, 2 in the first half and another 2nd half, which altered the whole complexion, after, I think, we were leading 18-4 at HT.
True ,but its time we started winning there as we cant keep making excuses
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

#prayforpowell
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

We all know that Cas away is a tricky one but, let's be honest, we have no excuses this time and I'll be disappointed if we don't come away with a win. Last season's side (at the same point in the season) would have lost, I'm hoping for better this time.