Cas v WIGAN

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wintergreen

Re: Cas v WIGAN

Post by Wintergreen »

medlocke wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:46 pm
up the junction wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:35 pm
medlocke wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:30 pm Too many Waney boys ingrained with Waneys ways, Cut them out and start a fresh :D
cant blame Waney for Lams shite coaching and selections .
You can when Waneys the only coach they've known for the last decade, It takes a good while to break the habit of a lifetime
Rubbish. You do what the coach tells you.

Look it's game 2. Loooooooooong way to go yet.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Dying with the ball on the sixth tackle. Players being pinged for obstruction when attacking because set moves don't exist. Everything suggests that the coaching still isn't happening during the week.
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

up the junction wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:35 pm
medlocke wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:30 pm Too many Waney boys ingrained with Waneys ways, Cut them out and start a fresh :D
cant blame Waney for Lams shite coaching and selections .
You can when Waneys the only coach they've known for the last decade, It takes a good while to break the habit of a lifetime
Lams way out of his depth and it will take some convincing otherwise. He promised flair ??? May as well start wearing flares he’s that far behind .
superleague

Post by superleague »

Lam is clearly not a head coach, he is clueless
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

It is early days in the season but not in Lams reign which is worrying.
I see next to no difference from how we played under wane. All he’s done is brought in is good signings instead of project players.
And before anyone says well we finished second last season we were lucky I think, there’s not many performances I can pick that stand out
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wintergreen wrote:
up the junction wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:35 pm cant blame Waney for Lams shite coaching and selections .

It’s not game 2 for Lam though is it. There is no excuse to look like we don’t have a clue even two games in. Cas took the points obviously so have been better prepared than Wigan. Why?

The old it’s a marathon not a sprint is just an excuse for poor coaching and play.
bertina

Post by bertina »

DaveO wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:03 pm
Wintergreen wrote:

It’s not game 2 for Lam though is it. There is no excuse to look like we don’t have a clue even two games in. Cas took the points obviously so have been better prepared than Wigan. Why?

The old it’s a marathon not a sprint is just an excuse for poor coaching and play.
Just on the way home after watching that sh**e.
Why in gods name are we playing all these kids in the pack at the same time. ?
Last season it was forced on us due to injuries, but not at the moment.
No Greenwood, why ?, no Bullock, why ?, no Clarke, why ?. I don’t doubt all the kids are good players, but don’t play them all at once. The Cas pack outplayed us all night.
We never looked like breaking tackles.
If Greenwood and Bullock aren’t in next week then some serious questions need answering.
And don’t even get me started on Clubb, and Joe Burgess.
I’m in serious need of a pint after that, it was bloody torture.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Was Burgess poor? I listened on the radio and watched the brief 'highlights', I don't think he can be blamed for not taking Farrell's wild pass. He was OK against Warrington.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

The most depressing thing I saw last season was the under 18s playing the way wane and his coaches played .
RL has moved on ,it moved on last season we're left in the past.lam has changed nothing ,our attack is shocking,but attack is built on structure and go forward ,we have none.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

moto748 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:26 pm Was Burgess poor? I listened on the radio and watched the brief 'highlights', I don't think he can be blamed for not taking Farrell's wild pass. He was OK against Warrington.
Burgess was ok against warrington!