Cas v WIGAN

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
First Try Tickle

Re: Cas v WIGAN

Post by First Try Tickle »

Just back, the bloody M60 was closed so a nice trip through Bolton.

The biggest problem is we played all the kids at once and had no go forward, they contained us easily. Of the back of a poor pack, Hastings and Smith had no room to play.

Second half they tired and we started to put some stuff together, but to little to late.

Oh and the ref had a shocker, totally playing to the crowd. Bibby scored a try and front of us, but it was disallowed, the another by Budgie for obstruction.

Please Lam, give Bullock, Clark and Greenwood a chance, we need there size.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

DaveO wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:03 pm
Wintergreen wrote:
medlocke wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:46 pm

You can when Waneys the only coach they've known for the last decade, It takes a good while to break the habit of a lifetime
Rubbish. You do what the coach tells you.

Look it's game 2. Loooooooooong way to go yet.
It’s not game 2 for Lam though is it. There is no excuse to look like we don’t have a clue even two games in. Cas took the points obviously so have been better prepared than Wigan. Why?

The old it’s a marathon not a sprint is just an excuse for poor coaching and play.
correct dave,the club is happy coming second and the old pals network needs disbanding. We need a strong coach to come in and change things from top to bottom because we are going nowhere.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

To me from those first two games it’s just as it was last season,no real progress has been made,the standard of rugby is poor,they seem unsure as to what to do,Lam still doesn’t know his 13,so let’s throw the kids in to deflect critism is starting to wear thin,they’re just young uns and need help and protection from the more experienced players,Lam doesn’t seem to see this though.

I don’t know what to say really other than there’s no excuse for this,last week they got out of jail because wire went a man down,this week just poor discipline,this shouldn’t be the case he’s in his second year now,it’s time he started showing everyone what he’s about.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Greenwood should start on the left and Farrell on the bench.
You could rotate them when Farrell comes on for a prop, put greenwood at prop and Farrell on the left.
Farrell runs good lines and would be great out wide when the opposite team starts to tire
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Don't think it would have changed anything but just watching the highlights on Wigan TV, and obviously not knowing the rules as well as the referee I would question the end of the game.
Hastings kicks the ball through to chase as the hooter goes, it hits a Cas player, bounces forward and another Cas player grabs it from an offside position. Should the correct decision not have been a penalty to Wigan, kick to touch, regather and a high up and under on the line and a chance to grab a winner after the hooter?!
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Are main issue under lam as I can see it is we have no identity. All winning teams have an identity as a team - you say the team name and you know they way they will play but they stick to it and master it

Under madge our identity was fitness and control - we would blast teams in the opening 10-20 of a half then control the game

Under wane our identity was brutal defence no matter what was happening in attack you very rarely got soft defence from a wane squad

Under lam we aren’t anything - we seem massively unfit compared to the likes of wire - we don’t attack well and not is our defence anything to really sing about. Lam needs to pick a style and develop it.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:41 am Are main issue under lam as I can see it is we have no identity. All winning teams have an identity as a team - you say the team name and you know they way they will play but they stick to it and master it

Under madge our identity was fitness and control - we would blast teams in the opening 10-20 of a half then control the game

Under wane our identity was brutal defence no matter what was happening in attack you very rarely got soft defence from a wane squad

Under lam we aren’t anything - we seem massively unfit compared to the likes of wire - we don’t attack well and not is our defence anything to really sing about. Lam needs to pick a style and develop it.
What?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

We have no real forward momentum, no dominance so no quick play the balls and no attacking from dummy half. And because there is no drive to get quick ptb's we don't win penalties. So we pass sideways which is easy to defend. We need forwards who can put the opposition defence on the back foot. I thought we signed big forwards to give us that - then we revert to the smallest, youngest pack in the league and expect them to perform week in week out. Notice Lam is already saying that he anticipates few changes for next week. Most of our young forwards have great potential - but playing all of them at once defies logic because we can't bully teams and give our backs a chance. If anyone is noticing the new attacking flair we were promised, please tell me what I'm missing!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Which brings the question why buy Clark if he won’t be played?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:49 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:41 am Are main issue under lam as I can see it is we have no identity. All winning teams have an identity as a team - you say the team name and you know they way they will play but they stick to it and master it

What?
I started typing a different post then deleted it obviously missed this word of before I started typing again but yeah you’re right the whole post makes absolutely no sense because of one typo :roll:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure