21-man squad vs Castleford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: 21-man squad vs Castleford

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:46 pm No coverage on wigan tv?
on the main site
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:32 pm But a big bold choice throwing Smith in at the deep end!
Apart from a few early kicks, Smith played well.

Bullock keeps being late is what I’ve heard.

Too many young forwards in the team imo yes I know they can play but they are still young & inexperienced in a lot of SL games.

Apart from the try, I’m sorry, but Budgie needs to be dropped. If Manfredi is fit for Toronto I’d play him on the left & move Marshall to the right 😊

Just my opinion of course 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

You mean the other way round, Josie, surely? Marshall is on the right now.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

moto748 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:14 am You mean the other way round, Josie, surely? Marshall is on the right now.
Doms gotta play right wing with that awesome step
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Budgie has been a shadow of his former self for months now if it where me I’d drop him move French out to the wing if Dom isn’t fit and move Zak back to fullback and give Hankinson a go in the centres.

And give those kids a rest it’s too much to keep throwing them in all the time
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:33 am Budgie has been a shadow of his former self for months now if it where me I’d drop him move French out to the wing if Dom isn’t fit and move Zak back to fullback and give Hankinson a go in the centres.

And give those kids a rest it’s too much to keep throwing them in all the time
I agree fozzie..... i also think its time to put greenwood back in on the left edge...... maybe lockers to sub coz we cant keep spelling players to suite him...... no good having smithies on the bench with his tackle counts per game
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:14 am You mean the other way round, Josie, surely? Marshall is on the right now.
Yeah sorry, I was cold & knackered after a 30 mile bloody detour again when they closed the motorway when I posted! 😳
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Too many young kids on the field all at the same time! No experienced players to move them round the pitch, straight up the middle all the time instead of getting it across the attacking line! We only started playing expansive rugby when Lulu & Lockers came back on late in the game!

We had three forwards who could have, and at least two who should have, played last night,

Still, Harry Smith is gonna be a belter 😊
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Unfortunately when it came down to it, it was two experienced players in Lockers and Faz that bombed two crucial opportunities. Lockers with a weird obstruction and Faz Witt a craY pass that wasn't on. The old heads are not supposed to make those mistakes.

We still could have won that game even with everything, just one missed tackle cost us from Bibby and Smith.

If we can sneak games now and build in cohesion through the season we've got a shot of being very good towards the end. Its a totally new setup in the backs and they are not slick yet. Hastings takes a lot of lead runner options and doesn't have a lot of chemistry with the other guys yet, but that may come during the year.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐