Why Wigan find it hard to play rugby

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Why Wigan find it hard to play rugby

Post by Suzieb »

Can anyone please tell me why we find it hard to play exciting rugby when every other team in the league seem to play fluent rugby I feel that although the kids are the future to expect them to perform at places like cas away is a no,no,we have been watching wigan for nearly 50 years but if they continue to play boring rugby we will stop going.
Caboosegg

Re: Why Wigan find it hard to play rugby

Post by Caboosegg »

Suzieb wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:37 pm Can anyone please tell me why we find it hard to play exciting rugby when every other team in the league seem to play fluent rugby I feel that although the kids are the future to expect them to perform at places like cas away is a no,no,we have been watching wigan for nearly 50 years but if they continue to play boring rugby we will stop going.
Fans mindsets.

Im not.saying im happy but look at the Cas highlights we are just as exciting as Cas we just had very poor discipline.

French is looking good
Farrel is looking good
Hasting looked good.

We are not using the big forwards we have.

Backs cant play without the forwards laying the platform, Bullock should be playing.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Too many Waney wonderboys reverting to Waneys ways as they think they know better than Lammy because it's all they know :shock:
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

medlocke wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:06 pm Too many Waney wonderboys reverting to Waneys ways as they think they know better than Lammy because it's all they know :shock:
French, Hardaker, Bibby, Smith, Havard, Smithies, Byrne and Partington played no or little rugby under Wane. Maybe if you went to a few games you'd know that!!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

No straw damn us wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:30 pm
medlocke wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:06 pm Too many Waney wonderboys reverting to Waneys ways as they think they know better than Lammy because it's all they know :shock:
French, Hardaker, Bibby, Smith, Havard, Smithies, Byrne and Partington played no or little rugby under Wane. Maybe if you went to a few games you'd know that!!
Did I mention any of those, I think not, I don't go to games neither do others who post on here, Does that makes us lesser fans, Maybe I'd go to all the home games if I lived in Shevy and had good health, But I don't so I will continue to post my opinions on here for the Superfans to take the pee out of :D
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

medlocke wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:57 pm
Did I mention any of those, I think not, I don't go to games neither do others who post on here, Does that makes us lesser fans, Maybe I'd go to all the home games if I lived in Shevy and had good health, But I don't so I will continue to post my opinions on here for the Superfans to take the pee out of :D
Those who haven't seen the game shouldn't post as they have no idea what's gone on. What's the old saying "An empty vessel makes most noise"? :D
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

I think we are heading in the right direction. Yes the jury is out with Lam but let’s see how he does with a full season under his belt.

Everyone wants instant results with free flowing rugby but sometimes it isn’t that easy especially away from home.

New halves take a while to gel - hope Smith cements his spot!
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

medlocke wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:57 pm
Nice one Meds :D
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Gerrumonside wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:20 pm I think we are heading in the right direction. Yes the jury is out with Lam but let’s see how he does with a full season under his belt.

Everyone wants instant results with free flowing rugby but sometimes it isn’t that easy especially away from home.

New halves take a while to gel - hope Smith cements his spot!
We’re heading in the right direction for recruitment but Lams not the man to take us forward. I know it takes time to leave your stamp on the team but you usually get a glimpse of changes within the team and at the moment I’m not seeing any.
If anything I think I defence looks abit sketchy since Lams taken over.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

But Waney was successful 😀
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards