Squad v Toronto

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Squad v Toronto

Post by Firestarter »

I meant play tommy 9( with borough on bench)....... keep smith at 7
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
bertina

Post by bertina »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:12 am Greenwood and bullock in for me....... time for one of our backrowers to face the axe i think....... got to keep them playing for their places....... if powell is out then play tommy with borough on bench
Those two have to be in for me too. We need some oomph!! in the pack. Isa, for all his commitment, isn't big enough, and all the kids in at once isn't working. We had no go forward whatsoever at Cas last friday. The youngsters give 100%, but as I keep saying, you can't play them all at once. It was literally men against boys.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

bertina wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:36 am
Firestarter wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:12 am Greenwood and bullock in for me....... time for one of our backrowers to face the axe i think....... got to keep them playing for their places....... if powell is out then play tommy with borough on bench
Those two have to be in for me too. We need some oomph!! in the pack. Isa, for all his commitment, isn't big enough, and all the kids in at once isn't working. We had no go forward whatsoever at Cas last friday. The youngsters give 100%, but as I keep saying, you can't play them all at once. It was literally men against boys.
from watching Greenwood preseason and the reserve game, he doesn't deserve a spot yet, it may be confidence, but he gets put down wayyyyy to easily currently,

Isa also is doing well, I don't get why he's receiving criticism currently.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

medlocke wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:20 am
jackthelad wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:42 pm
medlocke wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:29 pm

To replace O'Lockers when he goes, No point giving the position to one of the young guns, they'll soon go at the first sniff from the NRL, Hanky is a big lad, 13 is not a ball playing position anymore according too many on these sites, Plus he can kick goals, always handy to have 2 good kickers in the team and the money saved could be spent elsewhere like on a replacement for Powell :D
Wow meds do you know something we dont, Hank has played 13 before for Salford & Leigh U20's years ago
He can also pass a ball too!!
Didn't know that Jack, Would just like to see him play more and with Centres ahead of him why not try him at 13, It's one less player too have to worry about signing next season if it worked out
It will quite interesting to see what team Lam puts out, whether he puts Zak at FB and moves French to halve, been quite a few calling it?
Hank will probably get his chance to play centre

Bullock needs a shot to, if Lam doesn't change things this week, I'd expect more fans will get disgruntled and start the kerfuffle to get Lam out
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Bullock and Clarke both in for me. Smith should keep his place even if he starts on the bench (if Powell is fit), we need to see how he copes/progresses with a run of games. I'd give George Burgess more time and I think Greenwood needs more games in the reserves to restore his confidence because, sadly, he doesn't seem to be the player he was two seasons ago. It doesn't sound like Dom is quite ready yet so a reserve game or two for him too. Even at this early stage of the season we need to be thinking about limiting the time that Lockers plays. Now that he's fit just keep him ticking over for the bigger games.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

southportcdm wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:49 am Bullock and Clarke both in for me. Smith should keep his place even if he starts on the bench (if Powell is fit), we need to see how he copes/progresses with a run of games. I'd give George Burgess more time and I think Greenwood needs more games in the reserves to restore his confidence because, sadly, he doesn't seem to be the player he was two seasons ago. It doesn't sound like Dom is quite ready yet so a reserve game or two for him too. Even at this early stage of the season we need to be thinking about limiting the time that Lockers plays. Now that he's fit just keep him ticking over for the bigger games.
doesnt lockers usually save himself for the big games?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

IFL and Rads have failed, they should have been ruthless when building a squad for 2020. We are clearly paying players who are passed their sell by date, if they had a car that performed like some of our older players they would scrap it and buy new! They have the chance to rectify matters for 2021 but that may mean writing off this season if we have to depend solely on our younger guys. Hopefully, we can get Flower back and raring to go, manage Lockers throughout the season and get Burgess and Greenwood match fit. We should have a serious amount of cap space to put a top pack of forwards together next season, hopefully the hierarchy are already going about their business? There is no room for sentiment in sport, but we seem to bottle it at Wigan.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:03 am
southportcdm wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:49 am Bullock and Clarke both in for me. Smith should keep his place even if he starts on the bench (if Powell is fit), we need to see how he copes/progresses with a run of games. I'd give George Burgess more time and I think Greenwood needs more games in the reserves to restore his confidence because, sadly, he doesn't seem to be the player he was two seasons ago. It doesn't sound like Dom is quite ready yet so a reserve game or two for him too. Even at this early stage of the season we need to be thinking about limiting the time that Lockers plays. Now that he's fit just keep him ticking over for the bigger games.
doesnt lockers usually save himself for the big games?
Yes, but he used to produce the goods when it mattered, I am not sure that he can have the same impact anymore.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

21-man squad to face Toronto

Adrian Lam names 21-man squad to face Toronto in the Betfred Super League.

Two changes from Round 2 as Bourouh and Bullock replace Powell and Shorrocks

Wigan Warriors vs Toronto Wolfpack, Thursday 13th Feb, DW Stadium, K.O. 7:45pm

Adrian Lam has named the Wigan Warriors 21-man squad to face Toronto Wolfpack in Round 3 of the Betfred Super League on Thursday (K.O. 7:45pm).

The Warriors will host Wolfpack for the first time at the DW Stadium in what will be the first meeting between the two clubs.

Speaking to the media on Monday, the Head Coach discussed the opposition: “I thought they improved as a side last week when they played Salford. They’ll be looking for their first win in Super League and coming here, there’s no bigger team.

“Everyone gets up for a game against Wigan and we’ve just got to make sure we respect them. It’s about us really this week and how we approach the game with our mindset and mentality.”

Team News

Hooker Sam Powell misses out due to a head knock received in Round 1, which saw him miss out against Castleford last week. Jake Shorrocks also misses out this week, after featuring off the bench vs Castleford, with a calf strain.

On Monday, Lam also provided an update on forward Ben Flower. “Ben Flower has now got a back strain. He was going to come into the picture but now we’ve got to keep an eye on him.”

Prop-forward George Burgess misses out due to a hip injury.

Oliver Gildart continues his recovery from a dislocated shoulder picked up on international duty for Great Britain last Autumn.

https://twitter.com/wiganwarriorsrl/sta ... 64736?s=21
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

1 Zak Hardaker

2 Liam Marshall

3 Chris Hankinson

5 Joe Burgess

6 Bevan French

7 Tommy Leuluai

8 Tony Clubb

11 Willie Isa

12 Liam Farrell

13 Sean O’Loughlin

15 Joe Greenwood

16 Morgan Smithies

17 Ollie Partington

19 Joe Bullock

20 Liam Byrne

22 Mitch Clark

23 Jake Bibby

28 Harry Smith

30 Ethan Havard

31 Jackson Hastings

32 Amir Bourouh
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan