Actual squad v Toronto

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Actual squad v Toronto

Post by morley pie eater »

Looks like many posters have got their wish - maybe Lam reads the posts?

Looks to me like Tommy at 9 with Bourouh to spell him, and Smith at 7.

French
Marshall
Zak
Bibby
Budgie
Hastings
Smith
Bullock, Clark, Clubb, Partington, Byrne, Smithies, Havard, Lockers,
Faz, Isa, Greenwood,
Borough. Leuluai, Hankinson.

Hope all who said play Greenwood/Bullock/Tommy at 9/Smith/ Hanky and drop Powell are proved right.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Re: Actual squad v Toronto

Post by DaveO »

morley pie eater wrote:Looks like many posters have got their wish - maybe Lam reads the posts?

French
Marshall
Zak
Bibby
Budgie
Hastings
Smith
Faz, Isa, Greenwood,

Hope all who said play Greenwood/Bullock/Tommy at 9/Smith/ Hanky and drop Powell are proved right.
No one said “drop Powell” as far as I am aware and I didn’t think he’d been dropped but not cleared to play anyway.

Personally I don’t think he’s good enough (along with Isa) but I realise he will be an automatic pick when fit and given Tommy is not the player he once was it’s actually making the best of a bad job when he does play. Tommy needs to retire and we need a better 9 than Powell but we are where we are.

In any case we have yet to see who the final 17 is. I’d be surprised if all three of Bullock, Clarke and Greenwood are picked but even if they are are you opposed to this?

I mean do you think it’s right to pick Clubb + juniors again?

If he does pick all three and they are no better than the kids at least we will know but we aren’t going to find out with senior players including a new signing sat in the stands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’ve only just seen Lams press conference he did seem a bit shell shocked by the Cas performance

Greenwood surely should play and I’d give Bullock a go on the bench too but that’s just me
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Lam needs to pick his biggest and most experienced squad he's got for Toronto. They need to play together as next week we have Hull FC here. They are big across the park with only Shaul and Snyed not on the large side.

Anything less and they'll turn us over. If Lam does put out his biggest squad then with the pace in our backs we have a very good chance of a win.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Toronto Squad

Toronto (from): O'Brien, Russell, Leutele, Kay, Mellor, McCrone, Sidlow, Ackers, Mullally, Dixon, Thompson, Wilkin, Springer, Olbison, Wallace, Singleton, Wheeler, Cunningham, Miloudi.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

DaveO wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:34 pm
morley pie eater wrote:Looks like many posters have got their wish - maybe Lam reads the posts?

French
Marshall
Zak
Bibby
Budgie
Hastings
Smith
Faz, Isa, Greenwood,

No one said “drop Powell” as far as I am aware and I didn’t think he’d been dropped but not cleared to play anyway.

Personally I don’t think he’s good enough (along with Isa) but I realise he will be an automatic pick when fit and given Tommy is not the player he once was it’s actually making the best of a bad job when he does play. Tommy needs to retire and we need a better 9 than Powell but we are where we are.

In any case we have yet to see who the final 17 is. I’d be surprised if all three of Bullock, Clarke and Greenwood are picked but even if they are are you opposed to this?

If he does pick all three and they are no better than the kids at least we will know but we aren’t going to find out with senior players including a new signing sat in the stands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How does Clubb's form warrant selection?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
pedro

Post by pedro »

how does clark and greenwood merit selection? both have been poor pre season and in the reserves, far behind Bullock, Kilner and pearce paul
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

DaveO wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:34 pm

French
Marshall
Zak
Bibby
Budgie
Hastings
Smith
Faz, Isa, Greenwood,

Dave, I don't think anything I wrote suggests that I'm opposed to anybody playing?

I have my own favourites but, in general, I tend to work on the assumption that the coach and players know a little bit more than me about form, fitness, attitude and who best fits the game plan. I accept that they don't always get it right, but, not being a qualified or experienced coach, I'd would make more of a mess of it than them. So, just as I wouldn't appreciate someone telling me how to do my job....

My post was kind of saying that without Sam P and possibly including the players who many have been rooting for, it will be a chance to see who's right. Then again, Toronto have 0/2 and no SBW, so our reserves might be in with a chance?
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

pedro wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:37 pm how does clark and greenwood merit selection? both have been poor pre season and in the reserves, far behind Bullock, Kilner and pearce paul
Agreed
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

I very rarely saw any first team players really play well in the reserves over the years. Usually they go through the motions in order to prove fitness. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Always the nobby nobodies really putting the effort in that impressed but never got a sniff of first team.
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: