Joe Bullock back as Adrian Lam reveals Wigan Warriors team plans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: Joe Bullock back as Adrian Lam reveals Wigan Warriors team plans

Post by Barney841 »

Greenwood should be in the team. When he’s starting he causes loads of problems down the right, bar his knocks(which he gets too many of I admit), he was one of our best forwards making yards last season
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Barney841 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:29 pm Greenwood should be in the team. When he’s starting he causes loads of problems down the right, bar his knocks(which he gets too many of I admit), he was one of our best forwards making yards last season
He's much better down the left barney.....time for faz to be put on the right,or at loose forward.
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:04 pm
Barney841 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:29 pm Greenwood should be in the team. When he’s starting he causes loads of problems down the right, bar his knocks(which he gets too many of I admit), he was one of our best forwards making yards last season
He's much better down the left barney.....time for faz to be put on the right,or at loose forward.
That’s what I meant the left. Scored quite a few tries as well if I remember
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

What was Radlinskis quote regarding Clark? “One of Super Leagues most devastating forwards”??

Laughable.

He can’t even get ahead of an unconditioned Burgess or kids At the minute
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

ancientnloyal wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:12 pm What was Radlinskis quote regarding Clark? “One of Super Leagues most devastating forwards”??

Laughable.

But what you have not priced in, is that the team is not selected on merit.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
bertina

Post by bertina »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:24 pm
ancientnloyal wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:12 pm What was Radlinskis quote regarding Clark? “One of Super Leagues most devastating forwards”??

Laughable.

Doesn’t seem that way at present.
Bullock did quite well in the Leeds friendly, and along with Harry Smith he played well in the reserves against Widnes.
Then doesn’t even make the 21 man squad for the Cas game. You tell me.??
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

bertina wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:36 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:24 pm

Laughable.

Doesn’t seem that way at present.
Bullock did quite well in the Leeds friendly, and along with Harry Smith he played well in the reserves against Widnes.
Then doesn’t even make the 21 man squad for the Cas game. You tell me.??
I can’t.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Bullock had a good game against Leigh also
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:58 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:16 pm
DaveO wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:06 pm

Greenwood along with Bateman formed the best 2nd row in the league when we won the GF so where this idea he's Karl Pryce MkII has come from I don't know. Yes I know he's had concussion and missed games as a result but if he can't get a game in front of the kids and more to the point looks behind them, what have the coaches been doing with him in the off season?

As to Clark I didn't say he should start but that he should figure. My point was the article read like he won't even be in the 17 with the only change to the props being Bullock. Picking both Bullock and Clark (even if Clark is used as impact off the bench) would at least go some way to making it look like Lam realised Clubb + juniors is not the way to go.
What i meant by the Karl Pryce comment is Hes a great player that seems to be made of paper, admittedly hes a lot less injury prone than karl pryce but does seem to be an issue with him

I totally agree with you re: clark but im guessing from the fact he never started nor was selected for most of the cas match squads - he just isnt good enough
Well if Clark's not good enough whoever recruited him needs to follow him out the door. Mistakes like that at are inexcusable.

Given all three of Bullock, Greenwood and Clarke are in the squad we will see who he picks. My guess is the most likely to miss out is Greenwood because Lam won't drop Isa.
if one players is putting in his all, and is doing well. (and ISA is) why would you drop them for a player who didn't look good in preseason and didn't look good in the reserve match?

i want Greenwood to be back in the team as when on form he is outstanding but from the matches i've watched on wigan TV hes nowhere near it yet.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well yeah, i was going to say, not sure how many pre-season games Greenwood played, but when he did, I don't recall him pulling up many trees. And Clark must surely get a game to show what he can do. He's being written off before he's even stepped onto the field! And I'd hesitate to drop Isa too, but how many times did passing moves end when the ball reached him? He just lacks the pace and/or footwork to trouble defences in attack.