O’Loughlin hospitalised following eye injury!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

O’Loughlin hospitalised following eye injury!

Post by josie andrews »

Sean O’Loughlin was forced to hospital after suffering an eye injury in Wigan’s victory over Toronto.

The Wigan captain was caught by Toronto’s Hakim Miloudi, which saw the Frenchman sin-binned.

O’Loughlin was forced off following the incident and sent to hospital for further check-ups.

“Not good,” said Lam when asked about the condition of the veteran.

“It doesn’t look good his eye. He’s on his way to the hospital now to be honest. But he’s walking, he just can’t see out of it which is a concern, but hopefully everything is all good for him.”

Toronto counterpart expressed his hope that Miloudi wouldn’t be punished further following the exchange.

“I hope not, look, it was a harsh yellow card I though but I understand, Hakim has thrown his arm out, the charge will look something like he was careless with his arm.

“He was defending his try line and poked him in the eye but it was a fingernail. Hopefully nothing will come of it.”

https://www.totalrl.com/oloughlin-hospi ... eye-injury
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: O’Loughlin hospitalised following eye injury!

Post by Firestarter »

Cant believe it wasnt another penalty try
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:45 am Cant believe it wasnt another penalty try
Everyone said that! It was more or less exactly the same situation as the Sam Powell incident against Warrington!

Just hope he is okay!

Brian McDermot tried to make light of the incident & also said it wasn’t a yellow card!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

It was reckless but not malicious. However, that doesn't diminish what looked pretty serious at the time and seems to have caused a major injury. It had to be a yellow card.
Hope SOL recovers quickly.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Hope he's ok it looked serious for him to just drop to the ground with no one near him so close to the line,fingers crossed.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Heard it’s a detached retina! Hope not , as that could mean a big chunk, if not all the season out for him! 😢
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:04 pm Heard it’s a detached retina! Hope not , as that could mean a big chunk, if not all the season out for him! 😢
I hope it isn't as well. If it is, Lockers should be back playing within two months at the most. I had the same injury, many moons ago, and was back playing after six weeks, I presume the treatment has now improved and his recovery time will be shorter.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Personally if I were lockers I’d finish - his powers are pretty much gone - if he has got an eye injury what is worth in the risk he has a family
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I hope it's not too and he's ok. I have a detached retina from a accident that could not be repaired and left me blind in that eye.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It’s not a detached retina, thank God.

His eye is full of blood like a bruise & he can’t see out of it at the moment.

He ‘should’ be okay in about five to six weeks.