Wigan Warriors Reserves

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan Warriors Reserves

Post by josie andrews »

Play at Robin Park v Hull FC tomorrow Sunday 9th February 12pm KO
Kieron Purtill has named his 20-man squad for tomorrow’s Reserves Championship clash against Wigan Warriors Reserves.

Hull take on the Warriors at the Robin Park Arena, kicking off 12.00pm after beating Bradford in a nail-biting opening round win at Brantingham last week.

First-team players Masi Matongo, Kieran Buchanan, and Connor Wynne are all named in the squad.

The full 20-man squad can be found below:

Harry Bardle
Kieran Buchanan
George Cooke
Ryan Dearing
James Driver
Brad Fash
Jude Ferreira
Charlie Graham
Jacob Hookem
Ryan Johnson

Masimbaashe Matongo
Ben McNamara
Eldon Myers
Charlie Patterson-Lund
Callum Rutland
Leon Stewart
Kai Tyson
Will Wallis
Elliott Windley
Connor Wynne

http://www.hullfc.com/news/2020-02-08-p ... igan-clash
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: Wigan Warriors Reserves

Post by Firestarter »

Going off last nights team sheet we should have a lot of experience out there
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Game is off!
Hull FC have been informed by Wigan Warriors that tomorrow’s Reserves Championship clash has been postponed.

FC’s reserve grade side were due to face the Warriors on the road tomorrow at the Robin Park Arena, but the game has now been called off due to a water logged pitch, with further inclement weather due over the coming hours due to Storm Ciara.

A new date for the fixture will be announced in due course.

http://www.hullfc.com/news/2020-02-08-w ... -postponed
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Predictable but unfortunate because several players really needed to play. Bullock and Clarke won't be able to convince Lam of his errors on Friday. George Burgess misses a chance to show that he's recovered so I hope he doesn't play against Toronto, he can't be fit enough to play for the first team. A real shame for Manfredi too, he's now missed two chances to work on his match fitness. Perhaps it's no bad thing that he's forced to be patient though. Summer rugby, don't you just love it?
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Is today's game v HKR live on Wigan TV?
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Ah, its just come up on the site - its is on live :D :D
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

What was the final score?
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

28 - 4 to Wigan on horrendous conditions, the game should never have been played.

The Wigan pack were really good with one exception.
Joe Greenwood shirt was cleaner after his 80 minute stint than any other player on the field. No effort whatsoever, there's no chance of him getting in the 1st team if he carries on as he has in his games this season. If I was Rads I'd be looking to offload him a.s.a.p. Kilner, Wells, McDonald Pearce Paul and Rushton all out performed him and put in much more effort.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

No straw damn us wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:20 pm 28 - 4 to Wigan on horrendous conditions, the game should never have been played.

The Wigan pack were really good with one exception.
Joe Greenwood shirt was cleaner after his 80 minute stint than any other player on the field. No effort whatsoever, there's no chance of him getting in the 1st team if he carries on as he has in his games this season. If I was Rads I'd be looking to offload him a.s.a.p. Kilner, Wells, McDonald Pearce Paul and Rushton all out performed him and put in much more effort.
It feels as if greenwood is sulking instead of getting his head down and working hard.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Really sad to see how Joe's form has declined and I can't help thinking that he needs to move on. Wakey are short of players so perhaps we can interest them. He was very good a couple of seasons ago so someone may be prepared to take a punt. Perhaps we should consider putting Jack Wells on the bench against Hull, he seems to have worked himself back into form nicely.