Stab in the dark

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ddtftf

Stab in the dark

Post by ddtftf »

I was reading in the paper today that Sam Burges has said an infection after an op made him retire, if that has now cleared up he is a free agent and Wigan are off loading Greenwood to Leeds and talk of Ben going to France plus the fact he is over here at the moment I just wonder mmmmmm
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Stab in the dark

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

ddtftf wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:39 pm I was reading in the paper today that Sam Burges has said an infection after an op made him retire, if that has now cleared up he is a free agent and Wigan are off loading Greenwood to Leeds and talk of Ben going to France plus the fact he is over here at the moment I just wonder mmmmmm
hmmmm i think he'd want more money than we could free up
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
jobo

Post by jobo »

ddtftf wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:39 pm I was reading in the paper today that Sam Burges has said an infection after an op made him retire, if that has now cleared up he is a free agent and Wigan are off loading Greenwood to Leeds and talk of Ben going to France plus the fact he is over here at the moment I just wonder mmmmmm
What a coup this would be.
Think though that there are other implications as regards insurance payout and the fact that he's still employed at the bunnies.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Too much money! Too musk risk!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He was going back to Australia on the Sunday he told us after the Warrington game.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Navarette and Davis have gone, Greenwood, Wells and Kilner out on loan with rumours about both Flower and Escare leaving us.
That's a fair amount of cap space cleared never mind cash off the balance sheet.
Bound to stir up rumours of a possible incoming.
One can only hope of a quality signing with a known or unknown player.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Listened to a couple of podcasts when he was over and it sounded like his shoulder is still absolutely wrecked. He said he’d done a light swim (think it was a swim but it wasn’t over exerting whatever it was) and the following day he was in agony. He needs a few surgeries to try and get it in a state that he can live a normal life, let alone get back to playing rugby.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I don't think we have seen the last of him playing wise,a year or two off could make the difference, now would he be the same player thats a different story of course.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

That would be fantastic!

Don't have one crocked Burgess on the sidelines. Lets sign another and make it two!!!! :roll:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Sam was told to retire because the infection following two surgeries had caused major bone loss,otherwise I am sure he would still be playing.