Jake Shorrocks

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Jake Shorrocks

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

To be released at the end of the season.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
NICKYKISS

Re: Jake Shorrocks

Post by NICKYKISS »

It may have been the injuries but he’s just never kicked on. He’s a decent player but usually you look at a half and think ‘he’s a running half’ or ‘an organising half’ or ideally both but with Shorrocks it’s been tough to really work it out. Maybe he’s never been given enough responsibility when it comes to the organising/kicking side of things but with Smith now breaking through it makes sense to let him go. I think ideally he could do with getting a club sorted this season.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:42 pm To be released at the end of the season.
Not really surprised - Smith has shown more than him already
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:01 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:42 pm To be released at the end of the season.
Not really surprised - Smith has shown more than him already
Hard to disagree really
Tricky Dicky1

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

Josh woods will be returning and taking his spot
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Tricky Dicky1 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:20 pm Josh woods will be returning and taking his spot
I'm not 100% convinced about Woods and think he has a lack of pace at top level for a half back, the best halves have pace as a major asset or possess an experienced head to compensate.
I think his level is Championship, and be backed with a useful pack too.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Tricky Dicky1 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:20 pm Josh woods will be returning and taking his spot
hardly, hes doing nothing at Leigh, second best behind Reynolds who is nothing special
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Leigh fans (for there are some) say that should Leigh reach SL they would need to replace Wood with better/faster.

A Championship career isn't bad for some players and Woods and Shorrocks are destined for it
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:18 pm Leigh fans (for there are some) say that should Leigh reach SL they would need to replace Wood with better/faster.

A Championship career isn't bad for some players and Woods and Shorrocks are destined for it
Agreed Voodoo, and it's an ever improving comp, nothing to be decried. Not all players will make super league standard.