Partington grade D charge

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
widdenoldboy

Re: Partington grade D charge

Post by widdenoldboy »

Partington did a couple of things on 70 mins, a "cannonball" and then a late hit after the ball had gone near to our line.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

4 matches is pretty serious though.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

So Chris Hill gets 3 matches for his hit on Powell,and Partington 's is deemed worse .It's a joke as per usual.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Mickw wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:06 pm So Chris Hill gets 3 matches for his hit on Powell,and Partington 's is deemed worse .It's a joke as per usual.
Obviously the powers that be didn't want him playing against the Saints :o
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Mickw wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:06 pm So Chris Hill gets 3 matches for his hit on Powell,and Partington 's is deemed worse .It's a joke as per usual.
This is an outrage. If Hill had commited his assault in the street it would have been a criminal offence. To knock a person unconscious is an act of real violence. I suppose the panel never have to explain their decisions in public.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Southern Softy wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:06 pm
This is an outrage. If Hill had commited his assault in the street it would have been a criminal offence. To knock a person unconscious is an act of real violence. I suppose the panel never have to explain their decisions in public.
Bit of an over reaction, you cant apply stuff that happens on a rugby pitch to real life situations, you putting people in a high stress split second instinctive reaction situation.

End of day its a mistake made but if any opposing fans dont think their team do it they need to get real.

I also dont think much would have come of it if the ref had dealt with it on the day by a card. Smith winging and social media outrage have certainly influenced the outcome.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Both deserve what they got. I don't like players going in so hard into a player who's stood but pretty much held with that lack of control. Flowers was against the knee joint in it's natural bend but no need for the speed if it. Partington was against the knee in a way it does not want to bend, the only thing in his favour was the player moved into that position has he launched himself. It was still reckless. I hope he learns from it. The player moving probably makes it a little more excusable.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

They are actions we don’t promote at this club” – Lam reacts to Flower and Partington bans

Wigan head coach Adrian Lam has given his reaction to the suspensions handed out to Ben Flower and Oliver Partington.

The forward pair were given two and four-match bans respectively for ‘cannonball’ tackles during the Warriors victory over Hull KR on Sunday.

Speaking in his pre-match press conference, Lam recognised why the incidents had received so much criticism and admitted that the outcomes were “fair”.

He said: “I know there is a fair bit of chat about that going around at the moment and fair enough too, they are actions we don’t promote at this club or coach at this club.

“We are an aggressive defensive team, I want to make that clear. But we are also a club that believes that [cannonball tackling] is not in the best interests of the game.

“I feel the players, in contact, have probably made an error of judgement. They are aware of that and the coaching staff are always trying to fix up those parts of our defence in a game.

“ Week in week out we are always drilling them and we’ll make sure we get a little better.”

While Lam revealed the club had entered an early guilty plea for Flower, Partington was referred to a tribunal for his dangerous contact charge.

The Wigan coach attended the hearing on behalf of the young prop and felt he was unlucky to receive such a lengthy ban for a genuine mistake.

“ It’s a difficult one because I’m a firm believer that the higher end of judiciary system, as in suspensions with weeks off, need to be intent to hurt,” said Lam.

“I think anything over three or four weeks in the game at the moment, when you look at the profession and the job, is a long time.

“Oliver Partington has got four weeks and I think in a rugby league season that’s a long time.

When you look at Oliver’s season last year he’s made over 600 tackles. He’s made over 200 this year.

“When you look at the workloads, he’s made over 800 tackles and got one wrong, that’s going to happen in the game of rugby league.

“Like I said, it was the 64th minute of the game and it wasn’t ideal, but he understands what he could have done differently and the next time he is in that position he is going to do better.

But we all make mistakes, we’ve got to not accept that, but understand that happens and to try keep working hard to make sure that happens less often I guess.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/they-are ... ans-27842/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:26 pm

He won't miss the Saints game.
Salford, Catalan, Wakefield and Challenge Cup
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

No straw damn us wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:57 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:26 pm

He won't miss the Saints game.
Salford, Catalan, Wakefield and Challenge Cup
Thanks Brian, I forgot about the CC!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards