21-man squad vs Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: 21-man squad vs Salford

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote:
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:25 pm
medlocke wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:23 pm He just give a try away through his awful kicking that let Salford back in, Anything he might have done has now been erased, He simply isn't top 4 material
Okay..... i think your talking rubbish but okay.
at around 64:33 Powell puts in a reet shit kick and Evalds goes the length of the pitch and scores, Salford back in the game with the belief they can beat us and hey presto they do, Powell like Lockers & Lulu should be banned from putting foot to ball as they have and always will be shite at doing so, The loss is down to Powell's shitty kick
And it was a stupid pass from Powell that led to a try last week.

I am convinced he doesn’t actually know where some of his passes/kicks are going. I watched him last week just pass it without looking and I am convinced he didn’t know where the player outside actually was.

Don’t we have an up and coming hooker in the juniors ranks who we can play instead?
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Thought he had a good game, yes his grubber went wrong and led to a try but he wasn’t that bad - thought the team was a little tired tonight...
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Shock horror the Powell bashers blame Powell.

Smith missed the tackle of evalds.

French lost the ball that all but ended the game.

But nope all Powell.

Then again i suppose lockers wasnt on the pitch.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Anyone think Chris Hankinson is worthy of the number 3 jersey? Christ on a bike!

I thought the first half performance wasn't too bad and in all honesty, didn't expect to lose at all! Great work rate from Faz!
Regardless of injuries and lack of game time, I think George Burgess's match fitness is about as effective as Tony Clubb! Very alarming for somebody on mega bucks!

Fair play to Salford we looked flat against KR but manged to grind out the win and I expected the same tonight but clearly Salford played with more desire!
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Some decent perormances, Faz and Isa played well, and French scares defences to death .Burgess is nowhere near fit, Hankinson and Bibby better off in reserves, Manfredi and Marshall have to come looking for the ball.The young forwards Byrne and Havard are being rushed and should not be playing every week.As for Powell well I give up on people who still praise him.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:57 pm Anyone think Chris Hankinson is worthy of the number 3 jersey? Christ on a bike!

I thought the first half performance wasn't too bad and in all honesty, didn't expect to lose at all! Great work rate from Faz!
Regardless of injuries and lack of game time, I think George Burgess's match fitness is about as effective as Tony Clubb! Very alarming for somebody on mega bucks!

Fair play to Salford we looked flat against KR but managed to grind out the win and I expected the same tonight but clearly Salford played with more desire!
That about sums it up for me. Smith and Smithies between them couldn't stop Evalds, and Kev Brown took our pants down in the corner. I know it looked a heavy old pitch, but we seemed to make no effort to get the out wide; Marshall and Manfredi, did they ever get a run in open play?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah, as for French, he didn't have the best game, but a guy like him is gold-dust in your side if he can magic one great thing up in a poor performance, as he did against HKR. Didn't happen tonight, but a guy who can win you a scrappy game is so worth having. I think we really missed Hardaker (and I say that as a member of the 'he's a much better full-back than centre' club). I think he would have covered better in defence, and let's face it, he wouldn't have had to have been a rapier to improve on our centres' attack tonight.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Powell knockers: watch the first half and spot the two crucial tackles he made. Then explain how you apportion blame to his kick that ended in Evald's try.

Clearly if you start off thinking X is rubbish, you'll select any evidence, however insignificant or irrelevant, to support you prejudice.

Sam P, a consistent selection by Maguire, Wane, Lam and for England Knights. Widely acknowledged as not the best 9 in the league, but probably in the top 5 or so. But what do they know compared with the armchair critics?

Imagine doing your job, giving it your heart and soul, and some know-all on the sidelines, who probably never held a spanner or cleaned a window or whatever, and claims to be your team's supporter, says "You don't wanna do it like that! You're rubbish!"

How would you feel?
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

morley pie eater wrote:Powell knockers: watch the first half and spot the two crucial tackles he made. Then explain how you apportion blame to his kick that ended in Evald's try.

Clearly if you start off thinking X is rubbish, you'll select any evidence, however insignificant or irrelevant, to support you prejudice.

Sam P, a consistent selection by Maguire, Wane, Lam and for England Knights. Widely acknowledged as not the best 9 in the league, but probably in the top 5 or so. But what do they know compared with the armchair critics?

Imagine doing your job, giving it your heart and soul, and some know-all on the sidelines, who probably never held a spanner or cleaned a window or whatever, and claims to be your team's supporter, says "You don't wanna do it like that! You're rubbish!"

How would you feel?
You said all that but have damned him with faint praise. Widely acknowledged as not the best 9 in the league and by top 5 you mean 5th! In other words unless you think having the firth best hooker is OK , you can see yourself he’s not good enough.

As to how he feels there are plenty of players who are deemed not good enough and fans don’t spare horses. Greenwood is one. I am sure there are others.
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Big disappointment tonight our attack is garbage. Thought with Hastings that we would be creating overlaps for French to run into and our wingers would be scoring tries for fun. But all our attack consist of is a reverse pass from Hastings to Farrell and as much as Farrell tries he is not big enough to run through anybody. We are desperate for a big second row forward who can off load and create space for the centres so that we can give our wingers some running chances. Burgess massive disappointment not seen him break a tackle yet, have we bought someone who is past his best?

We have given away 3 breakaway tries in as many matches but where has been the chase back?. This game would have been won but for the number of stupid penalties we kept giving away and letting Salford back in it.

Seen enough to know that Lam is not the man to bring back the trophies we need to replace him at the end of the season no extensions please. Too be honest our form does not deserve to be league leaders we have been lucky to win some of our matches, played well for 40 minutes at Huddersfield but that's it.

We have some good youngsters but what we need is a good coach to turn us into a trophy winning team.