Is it time to pause Super League?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.

Super League pause for COvid-19?

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes: 19

ancientnloyal

Is it time to pause Super League?

Post by ancientnloyal »

Due to the Coronavirus and the escalating reports is it time to hit the pause button?

Some things are more important than sport at the minute, IMO
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Is it time to pause Super League?

Post by Mike »

Nah, we could take all the prime time football spots on SKY. Just ban fans older than 60.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I have two issues with your approach Mike. Firstly, if the RFL stop over 60s attending then crowds will halve. Secondly, and more seriously, if the country continues with this herd mentality then there will be hundreds of thousands dying! We are currently following the Italian flight path and that has been a disaster, we need to change to the South Korean model and quickly. If that means that I miss a game, or even a season of rugby, but people survive then so be it.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Good post sec .agree fully this is people's lifes where talking about. Mike's flippant reply does not surprise you can see this when shopping. The I'm alright Jack attitude. But first to moan when everything goes tits up. And believe me it will we have already been to slow especially the rfl :
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Mike wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:06 am Nah, we could take all the prime time football spots on SKY. Just ban fans older than 60.
So wouldn’t we just have me in the west stand then? 😂
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Mike wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:06 am Nah, we could take all the prime time football spots on SKY. Just ban fans older than 60.
So we oldies don't get to the match but look on the other side of the coin you want SKY to have all the games on prime time football spots. The object of pausing SL or any other sport for that matter is to save lives people will go down the pub to watch putting themselves at more risk. Hang on a minute the government will probably put a ban on pubs and all movement with a curfew. Life is more important than a rugby match this could be end of RL in its present format as clubs will no longer be viable.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

jaws1 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:10 am
So we oldies don't get to the match but look on the other side of the coin you want SKY to have all the games on prime time football spots. The object of pausing SL or any other sport for that matter is to save lives people will go down the pub to watch putting themselves at more risk. Hang on a minute the government will probably put a ban on pubs and all movement with a curfew. Life is more important than a rugby match this could be end of RL in its present format as clubs will no longer be viable.
Be serious all of you. It must be clear that Mike was only joking even if he is an expatriate hiding in the colonies.
Myself I simply want the results last weekend to be annuled even if this aids Stains.😄🤒
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

The government wants the herd mentality though, they want to control how quickly people catch it (not if you do)
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

We should play behind closed doors and find it with new upgraded TV deals. Seems like that's what's happening in the NRL.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

Most clubs will need to pay their players on contract whether they play or not. A short break is feasible but to prolong that with no income to the clubs will put the whole game in jeopardy. I ca see any break running for several months, so perhaps we have winter rugby again with the Grand Final on Boxing Day. You never know.