People are just fecking mental!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wiganer Ted

Re: People are just fecking mental!

Post by Wiganer Ted »

So how many people in the UK have been tested?

As for China, their PM had a CC meeting when they kept all this under wraps until the news got out of control. Why anyone anywhere believes anything put out by Communist Gov'ts is beyond me. As someone who remembers the Berlin Wall being constructed never mind being demolished and been through it, the cruelty Comm Gov'ts inflict on their people is downright wicked. When it comes to Communist leaders Eric Honeker is small change compared to MaoTse Tung and his cultural revolution down to this latest barsteward.
They and their stupid boasts and figures are worse than worthless. Their figures may be correct or not but only fit into their propaganda narrative of the moment. Hence their change of stance, statements and narrative of the past few days.

How we in this country get out of this remains to be seen but the Gov't are taking drastic measures so let's hope they are successful.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:13 pm So how many people in the UK have been tested?

As for China, their PM had a CC meeting when they kept all this under wraps until the news got out of control. Why anyone anywhere believes anything put out by Communist Gov'ts is beyond me. As someone who remembers the Berlin Wall being constructed never mind being demolished and been through it, the cruelty Comm Gov'ts inflict on their people is downright wicked. When it comes to Communist leaders Eric Honeker is small change compared to MaoTse Tung and his cultural revolution down to this latest barsteward.
They and their stupid boasts and figures are worse than worthless. Their figures may be correct or not but only fit into their propaganda narrative of the moment. Hence their change of stance, statements and narrative of the past few days.

How we in this country get out of this remains to be seen but the Gov't are taking drastic measures so let's hope they are successful.
So I take it you're not keen on Chinese communism then?

I doubt if I can say anything to get you to see a different pov since you clearly feel so strongly, but Dave wasn't looking at it politically, nor was he praising communism.

It's a strange fact that countries that value personal freedom are finding it harder to contain the spread of this virus than the more totalitarian states (Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Russia for example).
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

DaveO wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:44 pm On whether the Chinese are fiddling the figures there is a graph the FT published that shows they aren’t.

It’s a graph of the rate rate of infection per-day going forward after each country has hit 100 cases. As the days pass the trajectory of the western nations are remarkably similar to each other. It’s also remarkably similar to what China reported.
Good post, thank you.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Here is another article that discusses the technicalities and the science of what is going on and particularly the UK's response to events and how a poor grasp of science seems to have led us down a path we could have avoided.

The UK's coronavirus policy may sound scientific. It isn't
SJ

Post by SJ »

widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:32 am
DaveO wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:44 pm On whether the Chinese are fiddling the figures there is a graph the FT published that shows they aren’t.

It’s a graph of the rate rate of infection per-day going forward after each country has hit 100 cases. As the days pass the trajectory of the western nations are remarkably similar to each other. It’s also remarkably similar to what China reported.
Good post, thank you.
Good post? On what criteria? Graphics show nothing in themselves. It's the credibility of the information they are based on that gives them veracity. Can the FT prove the given figures are not "fiddled" ? Are the figures beyond doubt. I ,for one will follow the government's advice to the letter. Thank you very much. Dave can follow any path he chooses!