Warriors Rewind

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Warriors Rewind

Post by josie andrews »

Rewatch Wigan’s famous Good Friday clash away at St Helens from 2016 this Friday!

Enjoy a live stream of the game on Wigan TV and join in the conversation on Twitter
Kick-Off, Friday 27th, 3:15pm online

Warriors Rewind will this Friday bring you Wigan’s 2016 Good Friday clash with St Helens away from home.
The game will be streamed IN FULL on Wigan TV, with text updates on Twitter for fans to continue the discussion as they follow the game.

This week marks 4 years since the win away to Saints and provides a timely chance to celebrate one of the great wins in recent memory away to the old enemy.

How to get involved
Have you got a Wigan TV subscription? If so, simply log on in time for kick-off at 3:15pm!

Haven’t got one? You can currently grab a FREE trial. Simply click HERE for more information.

There will also be in-game text updates via the Club’s Twitter page, just like on a current match day! Jump on Twitter while you watch the game to join in the conversation with other Wigan fans as the action unfolds at Langtree Park.

Get involved in the discussion using the hashtag #SLStHWig and tag @WiganWarriorsRL.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2020 ... ors-rewind
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Fujiman

Re: Warriors Rewind

Post by Fujiman »

Would be good if they gave free access to season ticket holders.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'm watching that back now. it wasn't the greatest game, and Saints were quite poor. A few things struck me, though. Matty Smith's try: sure, Luke Walsh milked it, but I think the way the game is reffed these days, that try would have been turned down. Tautai, the pudding, didn't run through the defensive line, he stopped. Nowadays, that's a no-no. Sarge looked tidy at full-back. Gelling was pretty good. :lol:
jobo

Post by jobo »

moto748 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:07 pm I'm watching that back now. it wasn't the greatest game, and Saints were quite poor. A few things struck me, though. Matty Smith's try: sure, Luke Walsh milked it, but I think the way the game is reffed these days, that try would have been turned down. Tautai, the pudding, didn't run through the defensive line, he stopped. Nowadays, that's a no-no. Sarge looked tidy at full-back. Gelling was pretty good. :lol:
Are we having a top three for this game?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Just re-watched the Good Friday 2014 one. I wish we'd had a bit more of Scott Taylor.

Matty Bowen was a delight to watch. What a lovely player. Used to love watching him play with JT at the Cowboys.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

moto748 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:00 am Just re-watched the Good Friday 2014 one. I wish we'd had a bit more of Scott Taylor.

Matty Bowen was a delight to watch. What a lovely player. Used to love watching him play with JT at the Cowboys.
He was awesome Scott Taylor. Best prop we had signed for years, we still miss him today