Jackson Hastings talks about possible NRL future

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jao711

Re: Jackson Hastings talks about possible NRL future

Post by jao711 »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:29 am
thegimble wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:06 pm
jao711 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:24 pm I’ll definarely take it,I think. Sounds a bit “definately maybe”.Anyway those rich NRL clubs seem to be in a worse state than Superleague unless they are just crying poverty.
Have a look at this. They hade funds but squandered them. NRL could be in real trouble.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/broken ... 54cix.html
Might see some star players over here next season then
They have been doling out crazy contracts for yeas,who can pay them over here? They can get the money we can afford and stay at home.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Is it just me , but since Hastings has almost begged clubs to come for him my attitude of his loyalty claims have changed how i feel about him. Its like saying to him we will give you a 2 year contract but if after a year the club find an AUS player better than you off you go mmmm
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

The NRL is in a desperate state as Fox Sports put 15 million a week into the game but as matches have not continued they are not paying a penny , that is why the NRL were desperate to play games behind closed doors so they could be televised. Heard 3 or 4 NRL clubs could go bust in 2 months without capital & the reserve money they had was all blown in 2017 by the governing body . In no way will they be ever to offer the big contracts again next year . Our Wigan players are being told to take a 50% drop in wages & after 2 months there may be no money in the kitty .

Some clubs lost 3 sponcers who each paid 3 to 4 million a year into the clubs but left because of off field offences by players of the individual clubs who brought embarrassment to the sponcers
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Come back John Bateman, All is forgiven
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

If Bateman came back they would keep him the bench for a number of weeks
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

medlocke wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:49 pm Come back John Bateman, All is forgiven
I think that could be a real possibility.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:55 am
medlocke wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:49 pm Come back John Bateman, All is forgiven
I think that could be a real possibility.
At the expense of which marquee signing? Can't see Burgess going anywhere and if Hastings is to leave we will need another top half or the team will be going backwards.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Hastings says NRL comments ‘misunderstood’

Wigan Warriors halfback Jackson Hastings has said his recent comments around a possible NRL return were misunderstood.

His comments on Fox League brought along some criticism from Wigan fans, where he seemed to suggest he would go back to the NRL if interest was shown.

He is currently in the first year of a two-year contract at the Warriors.

Speaking to Sky Sports’ Golden Point Podcast, he says the answer he gave was misunderstood.

He told the podcast: “I wasn’t talking about next year, the year after or the year after that, it could be at any point in my life. I’ve always said I want to go back, give it another go and do things differently.

“But in saying that, if I have to play the rest of my career in Super League then so be it. It wasn’t me saying I’m leaving Wigan right now and going home, that wasn’t the answer I’m trying to portray.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/hastings ... ood-28522/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Premium

Post by Premium »

I have just about had enough of this so called superstar Jackson Hastings we should never have signed this guy ,What where the Wigan board thinking when they signed him he has absolutely no loyalties to the club

You do not keep sharing your views in the press like he does If he goes then I for one will be very pleased as this press speculation is very damaging to the club
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Premium wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:29 pm I have just about had enough of this so called superstar Jackson Hastings we should never have signed this guy ,What where the Wigan board thinking when they signed him he has absolutely no loyalties to the club

You do not keep sharing your views in the press like he does If he goes then I for one will be very pleased as this press speculation is very damaging to the club
Fully Agreed about the 'press articles'!

If I recall correctly, this isn't the first time this season rumours about Jackson have surfaced! Regardless of his intentions and whether he has been 'mis quoted. or not, it seems to take some time for clarity and as I've said, this seems to be a common occurrence!

Not very respectful to Wigan or fans! Would have thought he would have learned his lesson after the first article! If Jackson wants to return to the NRL or join Union then so be it but at least acknowledge this when or if its completed!