Morgan Smithies working hard on a farm during lockdown

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Morgan Smithies working hard on a farm during lockdown

Post by josie andrews »

Morgan Smithies has settled back into farm life as he waits for the lockdown to finish.

And the Wigan forward is keeping fit by repairing stone walls and long runs around his family property.

The 19-year-old returned to Halifax, in Yorkshire, when the social distancing measures were brought in.

And while boredom is creeping into even some of the most patient people during the lockdown, Smithies has not been short of activities. “We live on a farm in the middle of nowhere,” he said. “It was my grandad’s and though he’s retired, there are a few sheep, cows and chickens.

“I’ve helped my brother with the cows and whenever I get bored, I just ask because there are always jobs that need doing.

I’ve recently been replacing the dry stone walling, where the cows have knocked them over. It’s been quite fun, quite enjoyable learning a new skill.”

Smithies was one of the success stories of 2019, breaking into Adrian Lam’s side and going on to not only cement a spot, but claim a Super League record for the most tackles in a game – with 72.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... wn-2552598
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wintergreen

Re: Morgan Smithies working hard on a farm during lockdown

Post by Wintergreen »

He'll go a long way that lad.
pearsy

Re: Morgan Smithies working hard on a farm during lockdown

Post by pearsy »

All the way to Aus