all time favourite teams

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The booze hound

Re: all time favourite teams

Post by The booze hound »

morley pie eater wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:18 pm
The Hunslet Club in the article is not Hunslet Hawks or even a RL club, but a local club.
Clearly there are two versions of Robinson's story. Finding another mention of either version doesn't prove it true.
Good luck, hope you come up with some hard evidence.
The article does mention Robinson starting his career at Hunslet Hawks in 1991 though.
pedro

Post by pedro »

The booze hound wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:20 pm
The Hunslet Club in the article is not Hunslet Hawks or even a RL club, but a local club.
Clearly there are two versions of Robinson's story. Finding another mention of either version doesn't prove it true.
The article does mention Robinson starting his career at Hunslet Hawks in 1991 though.
which is the semi pro club in league 2 like I said and it said on wikipedia so was his first club
pedro

Post by pedro »

like I said before your evidence came from a website that isnt right anyway as it has an imcomplete database so is sloppy and lazy so where is your hard evidence? I gave you another link that says so but you havent got one, we had wiki but you deleted it as you didnt agree with it, you then said my evidence could have come from wiki so dismissed that....how much more do you want?
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

pedro wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:28 pm

like I said before your evidence came from a website that isnt right anyway as it has an imcomplete database so is sloppy and lazy so where is your hard evidence? I gave you another link that says so but you havent got one, we had wiki but you deleted it as you didnt agree with it, you then said my evidence could have come from wiki so dismissed that....how much more do you want?
I said no such things.
pedro

Post by pedro »

The booze hound wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:18 pm
pedro wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:28 pm
I said no such things.
sorry pal quoted the wrong person I will repost, it copied the one above instead, I clicked the quote below instead of above, apologies
Last edited by pedro on Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pedro

Post by pedro »

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

pedro wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm
I don't want anything except to find the truth. I've emailed Hunslet Hawks to see if they can help. May take a while during lockdown.

I find the "my dad's bigger than your dad" approach a bit tiresome & I'm sure many who use this site are bored with the discussion.

Robinson played for Wigan's academy team in 1990/91 season. They beat Hull in the final in May 1991 and he's pictured with the team. He was born in July 1974, making him 16 during that season.

Now since you had to be 16 to sign pro, when does he got in a year with New Hunslet?

That's me out of the discussion unless or until I find any more, clearer info. As I said before, there are contradictions, but we won't solve them by who shouts loudest or longest.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
pedro

Post by pedro »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:34 pm
pedro wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm

I don't want anything except to find the truth. I've emailed Hunslet Hawks to see if they can help. May take a while during lockdown.

I find the "my dad's bigger than your dad" approach a bit tiresome & I'm sure many who use this site are bored with the discussion.

Robinson played for Wigan's academy team in 1990/91 season. They beat Hull in the final in May 1991 and he's pictured with the team. He was born in July 1974, making him 16 during that season.

Now since you had to be 16 to sign pro, when does he got in a year with New Hunslet?

That's me out of the discussion unless or until I find any more, clearer info. As I said before, there are contradictions, but we won't solve them by who shouts loudest or longest.
he signed semi pro in 1991 with Hunslet he could have signed for Wigan the same year and played for both, when did I say my dad is bigger than yours? you were the one calling me wrong from the start and now im showing evidence as you asked you dont like it, looks like I dammed if I do and dammed if i dont
jobo

Post by jobo »

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
jobo wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:50 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐