Josh Jones to Wire, Ben Currie to Wigan?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Woody1989

Josh Jones to Wire, Ben Currie to Wigan?

Post by Woody1989 »

Everything Rugby League have posted on their instagram that Josh Jones is leaving Hull to join Wire and believe that Ben Currie will be coming to us. Anyone heard anything?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CABUammAWID ... 5g4nis2n6y
Wiganer Ted

Re: Josh Jones to Wire, Ben Currie to Wigan?

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Is this from asap or 2021?
I'd be surprised if Currie came to us.
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

Not sure, was wondering if it was a replacement for Greenwood (who I presume will be leaving at the end of the year).

I wouldn't be too surprised if Currie came to us, he's a Wigan lad and I believe he's out of contract at the end of the season.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Before Currie got his injuries a few years ago I genuinely believe he was on track to being one of the best players in England.

He’s 25 now, 26 in July. Where has the time gone?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Currie has been a good player but has always suffered injury problems.For that reason I hope he does,nt come to Wigan.I,d prefer Josh Jones but not to be.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Currie was very effective during his youth but is just as injury prone as Joe Greenwood (if Currie is lined up as a replacement if Joe has no future at the club).

Pound for pound I think Greenwood is better than Currie on his day but as I said both hampered by injuries!
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Don’t get what’s happened to Greenwood, I’m a massive fan of him, hell of a player on his day(when he doesn’t get a head knock!!)
Like it’s been said though I’d have Jones over currie
pedro

Post by pedro »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:16 am Currie was very effective during his youth but is just as injury prone as Joe Greenwood (if Currie is lined up as a replacement if Joe has no future at the club).

Pound for pound I think Greenwood is better than Currie on his day but as I said both hampered by injuries!
When they are both on their game Currie is better for me, both crocks though
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

If only Currie and Greenwood could stay fit they'd be an awesome 2nd row pairing.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Currie is a very good 2nd row if fit. His injury against us I think it was 2018 was the difference in Wire getting over the line for me. But if he is injury prone then he can fill the Lockers spot.

Bit of a gamble but Wire will be losing depth in squad to cover a season tilt next. If they get injuries next season they could seriously be in trouble aging squad and lack of depth.