Superleague fixture plans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Superleague fixture plans

Post by pedro »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:26 pm
pedro wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:54 am Season tickets is the biggest one for me as they will have to be refunded, TV not so much now as the games can still be shown
Wonder if the club could work with sky to allow the games on wigan TV live and tge club could give access for free to ST holders.

Im not going to ask for a refund at any point, i would imagine the club will do something for fans anyway but in situations like this those who can afford to should support the club.
might be an option
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I prefer model two. More games with later dates but not going into 2021.
We don't know how all this will go and with later dates it might just give us that extra time we need to get the game up and running.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Personally id prefer Model Two myself, seems to be the most logical and concludes the season in 2020. Would be interesting to see how Model Three would play out in reality though going into 2021.

Suppose its all academic until we have clarity regarding consent to actually attend games.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

pedro wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:54 am Season tickets is the biggest one for me as they will have to be refunded, TV not so much now as the games can still be shown
Wonder if the club could work with sky to allow the games on wigan TV live and tge club could give access for free to ST holders.

Im not going to ask for a refund at any point, i would imagine the club will do something for fans anyway but in situations like this those who can afford to should support the club.
I just don't see how that could work myself,Sky have like it or not supported the game for many years now so I just don't think they'll give away games at a time when they themselves will be screaming out for content, it didn't make any sense when the agent Harrison started on about streaming games and as I say doesn't make any sense now.

Clearly the clubs know they're in a spot regarding season tickets, the crap storm thats about to hit most people jobs wise will,im sure be high on the agenda of super league clubs because we fans have happily paid up front for a service that they haven't been able,through no fault but the virus been able to supply, most people would im sure never ask their club for the money back,people might not been in that position to write it off im sure the club can manage a few people handing cash backbit when that number is in the thousands well it'd be grim times indeed.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Season ticket refunds should never even be considered this is unprecedented .and knowones fault I am more than willing to stand costs .and I have 3 seats even if no rugby is played this season. To me the most important thing is everybody is well and safe and we have a great club to come back to.
doc

Post by doc »

Option 1 for me. Players will need a decent close season to recover after playing so many back to back matches.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I’ll propose option 4. Scrap the challenge cup this year.

Unless I misread it, the August fixtures are for the Challenge Cup with the league starting October.

That gives more time for the virus to die down more. Currently on BBC sport news you see fairly regular reports of soccer teams having squad members test positive.

It would not surprise me in August we’d have the same and if we did, forcing those in contact with those testing positive to isolate as they must, will remove a team from the competition.

As to the various formats that are on the table, option one and two offer a curtailed set of fixtures so whoever won SL, well it would IMO be a hallow victory.

Option three seems better from that point of view but looks impossible from a contractual standpoint with Sky and players contracts to deal with.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

I'd also scrap the CC.

Televise all matches and make them PPV.
pedro

Post by pedro »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:56 pm

I just don't see how that could work myself,Sky have like it or not supported the game for many years now so I just don't think they'll give away games at a time when they themselves will be screaming out for content, it didn't make any sense when the agent Harrison started on about streaming games and as I say doesn't make any sense now.

Clearly the clubs know they're in a spot regarding season tickets, the crap storm thats about to hit most people jobs wise will,im sure be high on the agenda of super league clubs because we fans have happily paid up front for a service that they haven't been able,through no fault but the virus been able to supply, most people would im sure never ask their club for the money back,people might not been in that position to write it off im sure the club can manage a few people handing cash backbit when that number is in the thousands well it'd be grim times indeed.
for non televised games you could then televised games isnt showed only on sky, your right but its an option. The season ticket money is a sticky one, they might have to pay it back it depends what people rule when it all starts back up, maybe see with football as that will start first as I imagine that could lay the foundation.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Wigan v Saints this weekend! Kick off Saturday at 3pm in Barnard Castle. Follow your instincts.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐