Gildart wants out

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
East Stand Faithful

Gildart wants out

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
CheshireWarrior

Re: Gildart wants out

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Can't blame Gildart for considering moving to the NRL! IMO he has gone from strength to strength each season and has developed into a very solid and consistent centre.

Would be a loss if he decides to depart, hopefully we have first refusal should he decide he wants another crack at SL (should he leave that is)!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Gildart was brilliant and is still our best centre but for me he started to believe is own hype to much.

In superleague he will always be a stand out performer and he will preform in the odd international, but he is wayyy to small for centre in the NRL.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Good player, potential to improve more but isn’t in your top calibre category for me and will never get there because of his size.

If we can replace him with someone better then great, but I’d not be too impressed if he got replaced with a squad filler or project player.

Gildart, Hardaker, Bibby is a fairly decent set of centres. But when removing Gildart you don’t actually have a recognised centre.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Bibby and Hank are both centres. You can do better but i'm happy with them as long as we have 2 world class wingers and a worldclass fullback.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:27 pm Bibby and Hank are both centres. You can do better but i'm happy with them as long as we have 2 world class wingers and a worldclass fullback.
No point having world class wingers if the centres are not good enough to create the space, pass to them etc.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Hope we don’t resign him if he decides to comeback. Don’t want to get held ransom for his wages if he comes back.
I like gildart and of course I wouldn’t like to see him go.
Is he a top centre? Maybe in SL but like it’s been said I think he will struggle in the NRL.
I think he has started to believe in his own hype, give me a George Carmont centre any day for me.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Barney841 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:04 pm Hope we don’t resign him if he decides to comeback. Don’t want to get held ransom for his wages if he comes back.
I like gildart and of course I wouldn’t like to see him go.
Is he a top centre? Maybe in SL but like it’s been said I think he will struggle in the NRL.
I think he has started to believe in his own hype, give me a George Carmont centre any day for me.
Other than Renouf, have we had a better centre in Super League at Wigan?
pedro

Post by pedro »

Carmont, Inga and Goulding for me but others will disagree
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

pedro wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:44 pm Carmont, Inga and Goulding for me but others will disagree
Also Gleeson. Not here long but best centre since Renouff