Ben Currie linked with Leeds and one other club

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Ben Currie linked with Leeds and one other club

Post by josie andrews »

The England international is out of contract at the end of the season.

Leeds Rhinos and one other Super League club are targeting Warrington Wolves back-rower Ben Currie as a signing for next year.

Currie is off-contract at Warrington at the end of 2020 and has yet to make a decision on his future.

Forty20 News understands Leeds and another Super League side, as yet unknown, are interested in landing the England international.

It is believed the Wolves are also keen to keep Currie at the Halliwell Jones Stadium in 2021, and have made the 25-year-old an offer, but he has yet to accept the offer.

The second-rower has spent his entire career with the Wire since making his Super League debut back in 2012.

The Golborne Parkside junior has scored 70 tries in 160 appearances for Warrington.

Currie has also played three Tests for Ireland at the 2013 World Cup and six Tests for England.

The forward played in every match for England during the 2017 World Cup, including the final.

Currie has suffered two ACL tears in the past four years, with the first occurring in September 2016 and the second in April 2018.

This year he has played in all seven Super League games averaging 10.2 carries, 33.8 tackles and 74.2 metres per game.

https://forty20.news/ben-currie-linked- ... ther-club/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: Ben Currie linked with Leeds and one other club

Post by Firestarter »

Currie and bateman for lockers, flower, nav and greenwood? Dunno if we would have space for another with the money difference.......also lussick for tommy if possible....... keep smith at 7 and ide renew powells contract as i think hes a key player for us
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:34 pm Currie and bateman for lockers, flower, nav and greenwood? Dunno if we would have space for another with the money difference.......also lussick for tommy if possible....... keep smith at 7 and ide renew powells contract as i think hes a key player for us
I'd be happy with that..... if Hastings stays too.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Hull are being linked with Benji Marshall on marquee and I would not be surprised if they don't splash cash for the new coach on Ben Currie, especially with Josh Jones going the other way
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The way rumours are going Leeds could end up with a pack back three of Currie, Greenwood & Ward.
When fit and on top form they are excellent, on the other hand when they are not...........................