Flower

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Mauny6

Flower

Post by Mauny6 »

Heard Ben flower has signed for Toronto along with Ryan Ryan Hall, Richie myler, stevie ward
josie andrews

Re: Flower

Post by josie andrews »

I heard the one about Benny Flower going to Toronto

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... #gsc.tab=0
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Think Ben has been very consistent for many a season! If he has no future at the club, lets hope he doesn't go down the 'Escare' route and he finds a new club to secure his future (whether it be Toronto or whoever).

Certainly still SL standard IMO!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:40 pm Think Ben has been very consistent for many a season! If he has no future at the club, lets hope he doesn't go down the 'Escare' route and he finds a new club to secure his future (whether it be Toronto or whoever).

Certainly still SL standard IMO!
Hes had a bad run of injuries, but i still like flowers hes a quick and compact prop.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Never really hit the heights I thought he was capable of. Probably due to the big injuries he seems to always get.

Too injury prone to be relied upon as a starting prop in my eyes.

Do we have any stats that show how many games he’s played in last 3 seasons? Can’t be much more than half in each year.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
coxy2912

Post by coxy2912 »

In 7 full seasons to date with Wigan, Flower has played 175 times, therefore averaging 25 games a season. I don’t think that is bad at all, for a prop forward. He has been injured more over the last 2 season but has been one of our consistent performers in the period he has been with us. We still need experience up front, considering the youth already and the players off contract at the end of the year IMO ... also wouldn’t think he is on big money, so who do you replace him with? NRL players likely to want more money
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

coxy2912 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:01 pm In 7 full seasons to date with Wigan, Flower has played 175 times, therefore averaging 25 games a season. I don’t think that is bad at all, for a prop forward. He has been injured more over the last 2 season but has been one of our consistent performers in the period he has been with us. We still need experience up front, considering the youth already and the players off contract at the end of the year IMO ... also wouldn’t think he is on big money, so who do you replace him with? NRL players likely to want more money
But we've got George Burgess. ;)
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐