NRL

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
moto748

Re: NRL

Post by moto748 »

Well there haven't been that many in the NRL. It just needs discipline from the players and good understanding from the refs. The point Firestarter makes that I was referring to on the other thread was about NRL players generally (not always) being already a bit more disciplined than SL players with regard to the ruck, milking penalties, etc. If we polished up our act a little, we could see a better and faster and more attractive sport here.
Last edited by moto748 on Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

And, on the NRL, you might be interested to hear that I was told just now on an Aussie forum that floppy-haired half-back Lochlan Lewis is on $1.1m at the Bulldogs! if that is true it is crazy money for player who is more SL than NRL quality.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

moto748 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:29 pm And, on the NRL, you might be interested to hear that I was told just now on an Aussie forum that floppy-haired half-back Lochlan Lewis is on $1.1m at the Bulldogs! if that is true it is crazy money for player who is more SL than NRL quality.
Hes nothing special from what ive seen....... also that was my point regarding what mike said...... its a good idea if, and its a very big if, we tidy up our game and the refs are consistent
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:11 am
Firestarter wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:55 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:58 am How would it get abused by refs in UK?

Isn't the act of giving the "penalty" the same, it is just the punishment is different?

Where a ref would normally see an infringement and blow the whistle and give a penalty, they will just say 6 more tackles?
because nathan,as we both know, referees play to the home crowds in SL.......not a problem at the moment...... but it will be....... im all for it as long as its done fair and square....... if the game was perfect and didnt need tweaking would we not have fair scrum feeds and proper play the balls???
The point I am making is that the rule for giving the penalty hasn't changed has it? It is just the punishment?

Scenario 1 (Current)
- Defensive player holds down and slows the POTB down
- Referee blows and gives penalty

Scenario 2 (Future)
- Defensive player holds down and slows the POTB down
- Referee shouts 6 more tackles

Is there a change to the actual rules for giving the penalty vs waving for 6 more tackles?
bu if both rules were implemented the captains challenge could be used to combat that maybe?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Just watching souths v warriors...... tuivasa sheck drops hell of a lot of bombs.....the commentators always seem to make excuses for this..... hes a great player but this is defo his achiles heel....... pity the commentators wernt as lenient on our sam when he dropped the high balls
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Panthers/Storm: what a cracking contest! Two evenly matched sides, great defence, and some brilliant tries. Penrith showing themselves to be serious contenders. That kick from Cleary for Kikau to perfectly run on to was a thing of beauty!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well if Panthers/Storm was a good game, Roosters/Parramatta lived up to expectations and was even better. Just superb Saturday night entertainment, really showing our sport at its best.