Just a feeder club

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Just a feeder club

Post by ddtftf »

I am looking forward to seeing Hastings / French and Gildart 3 players that would make me buy a season ticket, then I felt depressed knowing that once again these three players will soon be gone to Australia and we are back to square once again on the merry go round of keeping an exciting team to watch . The only decent players we keep are the ones not wanted by the NRL sadly.
nathan_rugby

Re: Just a feeder club

Post by nathan_rugby »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:29 am I am looking forward to seeing Hastings / French and Gildart 3 players that would make me buy a season ticket, then I felt depressed knowing that once again these three players will soon be gone to Australia and we are back to square once again on the merry go round of keeping an exciting team to watch . The only decent players we keep are the ones not wanted by the NRL sadly.
How do we avoid it?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:41 am
ddtftf wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:29 am I am looking forward to seeing Hastings / French and Gildart 3 players that would make me buy a season ticket, then I felt depressed knowing that once again these three players will soon be gone to Australia and we are back to square once again on the merry go round of keeping an exciting team to watch . The only decent players we keep are the ones not wanted by the NRL sadly.
How do we avoid it?
IFL and KR need to come up with the answer.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:08 pm
How do we avoid it?
No they don't its a SL wide issue, the RFL cause this by a Cap, sadly the damage is irreversible and we have fallen that far behind there is very little we can do to catch up.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

How do we avoid it?
New owners with vastly deeper pockets than IL
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Which prospective new owners with those ever deeper pockets are you thinking of Meds?
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

It is of course up to IL and Rads to find a way to keep players rather than just let them go.I appreciate there will be one or two would go whatever the situation but compared to other clubs we let far too many go far too easily.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

We need to make it a harder decision to go,wigan seem to take a " fill yer boots lads come back here if it doesn't work out" attitude makes it a win win situation for the players
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:13 pm
How do we avoid it?
No they don't its a SL wide issue, the RFL cause this by a Cap, sadly the damage is irreversible and we have fallen that far behind there is very little we can do to catch up.
I thought that originally, but how does that explain teams like Saints holding on to the likes of Lomax, Roby and Makinson, Leeds holding on to Maguire, Burrow and Hall (at least until he past it), Wire holding on to the likes of Ratchford and Clark. These teams seem to be able to instill a level of loyalty that we can't.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Woody1989 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:17 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:13 pm

I thought that originally, but how does that explain teams like Saints holding on to the likes of Lomax, Roby and Makinson, Leeds holding on to Maguire, Burrow and Hall (at least until he past it), Wire holding on to the likes of Ratchford and Clark. These teams seem to be able to instill a level of loyalty that we can't.
Deep pockets and little brown envelopes???