booing!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: booing!

Post by Fraggle »

jinkin jimmy posted:
That's the whole point. I just don't hear lots of booing!!
I've not been to either of the games this year, but there was some booing after the dire performances last season. I don't agree with it myself, I'd rather make my feelings known by not applauding rather than booing but not everyone's the same. I'm not sure if it makes any difference anyway, I'm sure the players know themselves when they've been rubbish, and of the high standards normally expected by Wigan and moreover by its fans, I doubt they need to hear boos from the crowd to know they've not been good enough.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Fraggle posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
That's the whole point. I just don't hear lots of booing!!
I've not been to either of the games this year, but there was some booing after the dire performances last season. I don't agree with it myself, I'd rather make my feelings known by not applauding rather than booing but not everyone's the same. I'm not sure if it makes any difference anyway, I'm sure the players know themselves when they've been rubbish, and of the high standards normally expected by Wigan and moreover by its fans, I doubt they need to hear boos from the crowd to know they've not been good enough.
It's not right to boo a player who has had a bad game but it's unacceptable that player from apparently the greatest rugby league club in the world are having bad games week in week out and are doing nothing about it.
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

I think people are a little hard on Moran, he was playing behind a well beaten pack last season, and yet he continually tried his best week in week out. I would be more critical of Danny Orr! Of the few try's we scored last season, they nearly all came from Moran, and let's not forget he has been without a genuine half-back partner with Orr's injuries. I think Moran will have an excellent season with a strong pack and a consistent partnership with Orr.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Martin Taylor posted:
I think people are a little hard on Moran, he was playing behind a well beaten pack last season, and yet he continually tried his best week in week out. I would be more critical of Danny Orr! Of the few try's we scored last season, they nearly all came from Moran, and let's not forget he has been without a genuine half-back partner with Orr's injuries. I think Moran will have an excellent season with a strong pack and a consistent partnership with Orr.
I'd agree with that. Another of Moran's problems last year was that he'd try things the rest of the team didn't seem to be expecting, the communication wasn't really there. Yes, there were some big mistakes, kicking out on the full shouldn't be happening every game (particularly on a big pitch like the JJB!), but I don't think he's as bad as some people suggest. Orr's problem is too much defending and not enough attacking. He's a very good tackler, but I've said many times that seems to leave him unable to put the same effort into creating things going forward.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

One or both of them needs to be tracking Logan when he gets the ball..a bit like Danny Sculthorpe, he's always looking to offload but all too often there's no-one there. Remember Edwards tracking Platt and Skerrett waiting for offloads; he scored so many of his tries that way!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Doug Stand posted:
I wouldn't agree with booing, especially Higham. That's just small minded and ignorant to boo a player because he played for Saints. I wonder would these boo people do the same for Jamie Lyon if he was at Wigan

I wouldn't even boo Sean Long...why bother.

Now Danny Orr and Denis Moran are a different kettle of fish. I still wouldn't resort to booing them, but they are kack. So if someone from the stands wants to express an opinion then good luck to that person. these two bloke are playing in arguably the most influencal positions on the park and for the biggest RL club in the world. They are well paid and do what a lot of us do for free. Standards are high, history has dicated that the Wigan halves have to be the best players around.

So whilst I wouldn't boo, a bit of "gentle" encouragement wouldn't goo amiss.
What do you mean if jamie Lyon was at Wigan you mean is when he is at wigan :lol: :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

It's a new season, lets give all the encouragement we can to ALL Wigan players instead of discouraging them with boos before the season has even kicked off :exc:
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

I must be deaf cos I don't recall hearing any boos for Moran. :eh: Haha!

Higham... you can understand why people would boo him. But personally I'd never boo one of our own players, no matter how shocking he was or on the basis of who he used to play for.
bertina

Post by bertina »

I can't believe some of our fans!
After last season's debacle you would think that we would at least let the season begin before we start slagging players off.we've made some great signings, including Mickey Higham, so let's get behind the whole team for the start of the new campaign, and look forward to better things.
As for booing Higham just because he USED to play for saints, I think it is pathetic.HE NOW PLAYS FOR WIGAN!!!
I don't recall Andy Platt or Gary Connolly getting booed at Central Park.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

bertina posted:
I can't believe some of our fans!
After last season's debacle you would think that we would at least let the season begin before we start slagging players off.we've made some great signings, including Mickey Higham, so let's get behind the whole team for the start of the new campaign, and look forward to better things.
As for booing Higham just because he USED to play for saints, I think it is pathetic.HE NOW PLAYS FOR WIGAN!!!
I don't recall Andy Platt or Gary Connolly getting booed at Central Park.
I'd agree with that. Infact, we've all had a dig over the years at Saints fans over the way they always had a go at Connolly, even 10 years after he originally switched to Wigan. Let's not be hypocrites and do the same to Higham. There are players who I always said I would not cheer if they ever came to Wigan, people like Tommy Martyn, Spotty Harris and Shaun the Sheep, but I wouldn't boo them if they were in the Cherry and White.

[hr]