Intersting offers for rhinos fans

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
southportcdm

Intersting offers for rhinos fans

Post by southportcdm »

Just read an article from the rhinos on the rugby league news site (sorry, can't do those link things!). They're going to offer refunds to season ticket holders but also various benefits for those who decide not to accept the refunds. Quite impressed and hope we can do something similar.
CheshireWarrior

Re: Intersting offers for rhinos fans

Post by CheshireWarrior »

This is interesting news considering Leeds Rhinos have announced they are facing a £4 million loss over the next 18 months. Will be interesting to see if anything is proposed to us season ticket holders over the next few months.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Leeds were also allegedly first in the queue for some of the money loaned to the the rfl by the Government

I hope Leeds have to pay the all that money back and not the game in general.

When Wigan got themselves into financial trouble the directors sold the ground to Tesco. I would assume Leeds will have to sell off some part of Headingley (say cricket) to pay for the losses

As for season tickets offers etc - nice touch from a club desperate to retain its relationship with its fans
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Yea the loan has to be paid back sure I read it was 3 years to do so as well.

Wigan should with luck offer something for season ticket holders the spectre of this virus hasn’t gone away and will sure be uppermost in most peoples minds when next seasons season tickets gone on sale
MjM

Post by MjM »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:09 pm Leeds were also allegedly first in the queue for some of the money loaned to the the rfl by the Government

I hope Leeds have to pay the all that money back and not the game in general.

When Wigan got themselves into financial trouble the directors sold the ground to Tesco. I would assume Leeds will have to sell off some part of Headingley (say cricket) to pay for the losses

As for season tickets offers etc - nice touch from a club desperate to retain its relationship with its fans
Leeds are an underlying profitable business so won't need to sell the ground to survive (they don't own the cricket ground anyway). They would be able to get a commercial loan if needed after the government loan needs repaying but more likely Caddick would have to inject some funds.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I love the straw man arguments that always come up about Leeds :lol:
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐