Would you wear a mask for two hours to watch a match if it was compulsory?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Would you wear a mask for two hours to watch a match if it was compulsory?

Post by Wiganer Ted »

We come as a family of four and won't need distancing. I'm sure there are plenty other family groups whether in twos, threes or more.
I reckon we've about 8000 season ticket holders and in a 25000 ground I'm sure problems could be overcome.

If the comments from Oxford Uni and Astra Zeneca are anything like accurate then a vaccine could be out by October. Might be a bit late for 2020 season but 2021 should have far less virus problems.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:41 pm
Nezza Faz wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:43 am And if Wigan have around 10,000 season ticket holders/members, how do they allocate seats with distancing to think about ?
And how do they decide on walk-up's on the day (unless they are banned temporarily from attending ?).
Might sound daft this but I'm thinking the exact same thing!

My seat is on the end of the row (so therefore every allowed fan in my row would need to walk past me to sit down).
Me too!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Solution would be take out the seats and put a cross where you can stand leaving 2 steps in between for toilet walks. Family groups could be allocated a space together though these would be taken with irresponsible people who want to be together. Facts coming out as people aged 18 to 27 are more likely to spread the virus as most are asamatic and don't have no symptoms .Bars should be closed as the concourse would not be safe all the queues waiting for the bars is bad enough at a regular match you have to push past to go to loo. Personally i would not go to a match if my wife caught the virus she would probably not recover with all the ailments she has .I am myself fit but if the virus was passed on to me and i passed it on to the wife i would not forgive myself.I have SKY and will watch the games from there although i am a season ticket holder i would not want a refund.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Have to say for now at least away fans across the board should be banned from attending games,let’s just get this season over with we can all get by not attending the odd away game,even though like myself many attend most of not all away games.

As for spreading fans out across the DW use all four stands there would be plenty of room allowing for space,no walk ups ticket only (I’d go as far as season ticket only to begin with),get there early as turnstiles not in use go in via the exits,temp taken as you go in,(seems football is thinking this way)and no ale at least to begin with cuts down bog breaks.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Sounds sensible.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

jaws1 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:29 am Facts coming out as people aged 18 to 27 are more likely to spread the virus as most are asamatic and don't have no symptoms .
Please post links to your research and information otherwise please stop the misleading posting of information as "fact" when more than likely the source is likely to be nothing more than newspaper speculation

https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... naviruses

I have posted a link for all Facebook "experts" to get their facts from :geek:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Sorry

Bad news for anyone thinking taking a temperature is of any use for detecting covid-19
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:16 pm Image

Sorry

Bad news for anyone thinking taking a temperature is of any use for detecting covid-19
Nobody is as far as I know, temp taking is the standard now certainly in the care sector, above average temp upon trying to enter ground, home boy home with you, people are just going to have to get used to it I suppose if it comes in.

Let me phrase it this way, if getting to the ground early, wearing a mask and having my temp taking means I can get in to watch live rugby then sign me up
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I have my own views on masks and the virus for that matter

however if it gets spectators back in the stadium then yes i think its an acceptable compromise
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
moto748

Post by moto748 »

It never even crossed my mind than anyone would think thermal scanners could detect Covid-19.

After all, if that did the job, why bother with tests? But seeing some of the misinformation around, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised.