Would you wear a mask for two hours to watch a match if it was compulsory?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
moto748

Re: Would you wear a mask for two hours to watch a match if it was compulsory?

Post by moto748 »

I'm slightly surprised at the positivity in the responses so far. But how typical this forum is of the average fan, I don't know. Speaking personally, given the choice between watching in a mask in a severely depleted stadium, with temp checks and no bar (and all necessary, I agree) and the (remote) possibility of infection, compared to watching on TV at home, I really can't see myself straying far from the settee. Unfortunately.

Not that I have Sky Sports, so unless they're on a Sky freebie channel (unlikely), I'll have to wait for Wigan TV or whatever arrangements they make. But so be it. I have paid for my season ticket to support the Club, I figure I have done my bit.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

moto748 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:23 pm I'm slightly surprised at the positivity in the responses so far. But how typical this forum is of the average fan, I don't know. Speaking personally, given the choice between watching in a mask in a severely depleted stadium, with temp checks and no bar (and all necessary, I agree) and the (remote) possibility of infection, compared to watching on TV at home, I really can't see myself straying far from the settee. Unfortunately.

Not that I have Sky Sports, so unless they're on a Sky freebie channel (unlikely), I'll have to wait for Wigan TV or whatever arrangements they make. But so be it. I have paid for my season ticket to support the Club, I figure I have done my bit.
Think a lot of people just want to get back doing stuff that feels a little normal. I have the same view as you i think its a tall ask

Like i say i have my opinions on the masks - but if it allows those who want to, to access sport again i guess its a decent start
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

I’m wearing a mask everywhere I go in case I may infect others (if I had it). Have done since April.

Too soon to be going back this season. But next season when we actually have an app and a vaccine then yeah go for it.

My main worry would be passing it onto someone vulnerable and that’s why everyone imo should wear a mask.

But I think it’s still too soon even with masks until there’s a vaccine.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:05 pm
moto748 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:23 pm I'm slightly surprised at the positivity in the responses so far. But how typical this forum is of the average fan, I don't know. Speaking personally, given the choice between watching in a mask in a severely depleted stadium, with temp checks and no bar (and all necessary, I agree) and the (remote) possibility of infection, compared to watching on TV at home, I really can't see myself straying far from the settee. Unfortunately.

Think a lot of people just want to get back doing stuff that feels a little normal. I have the same view as you i think its a tall ask

Like i say i have my opinions on the masks - but if it allows those who want to, to access sport again i guess its a decent start
This...

The one thing I’m really missing now isn’t rugby,gigs or travel it’s just going to the cinema,I love going to the empire and seeing a couple of films of course other cinema venues are opening up but that’s the place I prefer to go

I just want some sort of normal back.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:22 pm
The one thing I’m really missing now isn’t rugby,gigs or travel it’s just going to the cinema,I love going to the empire and seeing a couple of films of course other cinema venues are opening up but that’s the place I prefer to go

I just want some sort of normal back.
Me too
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

No
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'd wear one to watch a match. But only if all other did, there was a good distance between my group and others, and you didn't have to go through the concourses to get in and out of the ground.

I think it would be tricky. People would naturally tend to remove their coverings when shouting at the opposition and the ref etc. And unfortunately that when you expel the most spit! I see people in shops and restaurants, trying to do everything right with their mask on, but go up to someone they want to talk to and pull down their mask so they can be heard. It would be really tricky in a rugby crowd to stop people doing this I reckon.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

I would wear one do at times now. Problem is i see no real health benefit. If anything in shops people with masks tend to get closer to you than people without. That is my experience. And the masks are not that efficient.

I would rather not wear one but not that fussed if i had to.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

As a cinema fan, fozzie, I miss it too! But I have to say, a cinema is one of the last places I'd feel confident about visiting, unfortunately.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Without any hesitation if I could watch my favourite sport.