Joe Burgess to Salford

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Nezza Faz

Re: Joe Burgess to Salford

Post by Nezza Faz »

Two of the major requirements of a winger are pace and evasion, which most top sides have, but Hankinson has neither. Decent defensively and that's the least you'd expect, but even so he gets burnt by speedier, more elusive opponents. Not top dollar so you get what you get !
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Bibby and French are wingers we have strength in depth Gildart if he stays has played on the wing also.
coxy2912

Post by coxy2912 »

Strength in depth ... I think that is a massive overstatement ... wingers and centres are two positions we are light in, and if Gildart is off, we will become even lighter
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

If Burgey does go to Salford then we should bring in Matty Russell or Patrick Ah Van to add some depth to the squad, both would be cheap and would go great guns for us
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I like Matty Russel 100% and lives in Shevington
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Depth is needed but I don’t think budge would like being a back up player
moto748

Post by moto748 »

To be clear, as I brought it up, I'm not saying playing Gildart on the wing would be the best idea (although I'm sure he'd be much better than Hank), he's much more valuable as a centre, But in an emergency he could, and we have some kids, and Bibby, so, in short, I think we can cover Burgess OK.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wormburner wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:53 pm If Burgey does go to Salford then we should bring in Matty Russell or Patrick Ah Van to add some depth to the squad, both would be cheap and would go great guns for us
Hi Medlocke.

What is it with you and constantly suggesting we should sign Ah Van for the last 5 years?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

moto748 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:11 pm To be clear, as I brought it up, I'm not saying playing Gildart on the wing would be the best idea (although I'm sure he'd be much better than Hank), he's much more valuable as a centre, But in an emergency he could, and we have some kids, and Bibby, so, in short, I think we can cover Burgess OK.
I just don't think it is a good strategy to have our best Centre being potential cover, even if it is emergency, on the wing.

Shouldn't have to disrupt the positions of starting 13 positions as soon as 1 injury strikes.

I get it that Bibby and Hardaker could play centre and Gildart could go on the wing, but I am not a fan of all the shuffling about.

It may however be needed if we need to cut the wage bill however.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."