New Investor

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Tricky Dicky1

New Investor

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

Mike Danson has acquired "a substantial share" in wigan RL.

184 MIKE DANSON
Media
£743m ▲£88m
Danson, 55, a former management consultant, sold his Datamonitor market research group in 2007 for £502m and his proceeds and previous share sales came to £193m. He has since built up City-based information provider GlobalData, which after its float is a £625.3m operation. Danson sold a 1.4% stake worth £7.6m last October but retains a 68.1% holding valued at £425m, up £80m in a year. He acquired the New Statesman in 2008, driving the leftwing magazine to record readership levels through digital expansion and the addition of two websites. With his wife Helen he runs the Danson Foundation, which donated £1.5m to his old Oxford college, St Anne’s, to provide bursaries to students from disadvantaged backgrounds. It also supports disabled children in Cambodia and women’s education in Uganda.
2017: £655m, 195

Certainly has a few quid. NOW CAN WE PLEASE BUY OUR OWN GROUND.
jobo

Re: New Investor

Post by jobo »

Great news this.
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

Tricky Dicky1 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:54 am He acquired the New Statesman in 2008, driving the leftwing magazine to record readership levels through digital expansion and the addition of two websites. With his wife Helen he runs the Danson Foundation, which donated £1.5m to his old Oxford college, St Anne’s, to provide bursaries to students from disadvantaged backgrounds. It also supports disabled children in Cambodia and women’s education in Uganda.
2017: £655m
Sounds like my kinda investor! Glad to have him on board!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Tricky Dicky1 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:54 am Mike Danson has acquired "a substantial share" in wigan RL.

184 MIKE DANSON
Media
£743m ▲£88m
Danson, 55, a former management consultant, sold his Datamonitor market research group in 2007 for £502m and his proceeds and previous share sales came to £193m. He has since built up City-based information provider GlobalData, which after its float is a £625.3m operation. Danson sold a 1.4% stake worth £7.6m last October but retains a 68.1% holding valued at £425m, up £80m in a year. He acquired the New Statesman in 2008, driving the leftwing magazine to record readership levels through digital expansion and the addition of two websites. With his wife Helen he runs the Danson Foundation, which donated £1.5m to his old Oxford college, St Anne’s, to provide bursaries to students from disadvantaged backgrounds. It also supports disabled children in Cambodia and women’s education in Uganda.
2017: £655m, 195

Certainly has a few quid. NOW CAN WE PLEASE BUY OUR OWN GROUND.
Please provide a link 😊 thank you
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jao711

Post by jao711 »

We have a pretty good deal already on the stadium with no responsibilities why buy it? Unless it’s very cheap.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

If it’s true and let’s fair so far it’s just a post on a forum then I think it’s good planning by Lenegan,he’s not always going to be here and maybe the family don’t have the same love of the club or sport as he does,not saying he’s on his way out but it just eases the pressure on all concerned.

As for the ground I don’t like the DW never have,it’s a football ground not a RL to me,but if it’s going cheap and if this new bloke fancies something other than a new Porsche to spend his cash on then do it😀
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:15 pm If it’s true and let’s fair so far it’s just a post on a forum then I think it’s good planning by Lenegan,he’s not always going to be here and maybe the family don’t have the same love of the club
if you follow this
https://opencorporates.com/companies/gb/00174692
That should show Wigan Warriors RLFC you can see he's been added to our owners list along with Mr Lenegan, his son Simon and his sister.
Not sure on % .
Simon Lenegan is also a fan.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

lucky 13 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:09 am
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:15 pm If it’s true and let’s fair so far it’s just a post on a forum then I think it’s good planning by Lenegan,he’s not always going to be here and maybe the family don’t have the same love of the club
if you follow this
https://opencorporates.com/companies/gb/00174692
That should show Wigan Warriors RLFC you can see he's been added to our owners list along with Mr Lenegan, his son Simon and his sister.
Not sure on % .
Simon Lenegan is also a fan.
Thank you for that information 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

This gives a clue that a consortium is in place to buy the club including Lenagan who previously owned Oxford FC looks like they were old buddies. I heard on my last post that Lennagan had bought the club from a very reliable source so fingers crossed
Last edited by ddtftf on Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

This should cheer DaveO up, Very good news, Buy the latics, Take ownership of the stadium, rehouse the latics to the ground next door and rename the stadium Warrior Piedome :D
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise