21-man squad to face Castleford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pearsy

Re: 21-man squad to face Castleford

Post by pearsy »

What happend to Dom and any news on Marshall?

Dom’s dog died yesterday morning 😢 no update on Liam just yet
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Great grandad Harry ball wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:19 pm Smithies

There's aggression and there's aggression. He's going to spend some time on the sidelines.......just like Partington- who got a 4 match ban that's lasted nearly 6 months.
Sort it out, young lad - they are both super prospects but there's more than that. A good backroom staff and/or older players need to knock the 'bad' aggression out of them.
I agree,he needs a player to take him under their wing and get him to channel his aggression in the right manner at the rate he’s going he will end up with a long spell on the sidelines and sooner rather than later
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

At the moment Smithies is over-rated. Potential - yes, defensively sound - yes. Creative/rugby brain - not yet. Not sure what his best position is/will be, but at the moment he is an accident waiting to happen and I totally agree with what others have said about his temperament.

With respect to French's defence and catching of high balls, I think it's a fine line between catching and being bundled into touch or over the goal line and giving the opposition the ball in an attacking position or allowing the opposition to catch, completing the set and having a turnover of possession. Both have risks, but I think that may be what is in Bevan's mind.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

I just wonder if the lads testosterone is building up too much when he is on the bench waiting to come on as last year with his long spells on the pitch perhaps he was spreading the testosterone over 80 minutes or is it just because he is a year older and been overdoing the body building?
Certainly needs to get it under control though.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

I'm sorry but I don't subscribe to this "trial by SKY" perspective

I think Morgan will be more in trouble for the (attempted) headbutt on Millington than the so-called crusher on Clare.

I watched it over and over and the initial issue is that you see James Clare head make contact with Smithies (chin I think) and he appears to "flop" in the tackle immediately after that holding his head. You cannot, despite all the cameras in the stadium see Smithies applying pressure to his neck. It is the commentary team who advocate foul play being the only reason when I think the Castleford players reaction tells you everything you need to know about what they thought of this "foul play"
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:26 pm I'm sorry but I don't subscribe to this "trial by SKY" perspective

I think Morgan will be more in trouble for the (attempted) headbutt on Millington than the so-called crusher on Clare.

I watched it over and over and the initial issue is that you see James Clare head make contact with Smithies (chin I think) and he appears to "flop" in the tackle immediately after that holding his head. You cannot, despite all the cameras in the stadium see Smithies applying pressure to his neck. It is the commentary team who advocate foul play being the only reason when I think the Castleford players reaction tells you everything you need to know about what they thought of this "foul play"
I agree. This is getting to be a problem with the commentators who should keep their opinions on foul play etc to themselves & not broadcast it.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:29 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:26 pm I'm sorry but I don't subscribe to this "trial by SKY" perspective

I agree. This is getting to be a problem with the commentators who should keep their opinions on foul play etc to themselves & not broadcast it.
It's literally their job
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

EagleEyePie wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:53 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:29 pm

It's literally their job
No it us not!!!

I'm sure you must have seen some of the NRL games this year. Do there commentators constantly refer to errors/mistakes/foul play either clear or not? No they do not

They call the game as they see it and highlight the positives and good things. If a try is scored is is because of skill not shit defence - that is the problem with the SKY team. Over lockdown seen loads of old games on the Rugby Leagues Cares page on Facebook and it comes to something when Ray French and Alex Murphy are better commentators than the biased clowns currently offering verbal diarrhea for SKY
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I must admit I grow weary of Baz and Tez’s faintly ridiculous medical assessment,you know how it goes “oh player x took a hard one there,looks like his metatypical thigh reverse with a triple salco”when we,looking on know that more often than not player x is knackered and is in need of a satsuma they need to to shut up and do their job and stick to the game.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:16 pm I must admit I grow weary of Baz and Tez’s faintly ridiculous medical assessment,you know how it goes “oh player x took a hard one there,looks like his metatypical thigh reverse with a triple salco”when we,looking on know that more often than not player x is knackered and is in need of a satsuma they need to to shut up and do their job and stick to the game.
:D :D :D
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐